[REVIEW] Brainwavz M2 - beyond gamma
Jul 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #91 of 124

Quote:
Here's my take on the M2: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/07/brainwavz-m2-review/

Quite impressed how far they've come since the rather sub-par Brainwavz Beta I tried.

Yes, definitely a nice step up from the Brainwavz Beta.  Thanks for the review.

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #92 of 124
What is MP4Nations warranty with these? Do they offer an extended warranty?

Would it even be worth it? Based on some posts I've seen it sounds like a real hassle to deal with returns with them.

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #93 of 124
Just ordered myself pair after reading this review. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Update: Received my M2s in the mail today. About an hour and a half ago, actually, and loving them so far. The only negative thing I've noticed is that they 'pop' now and then—a sound reminiscent of static. I do not think that this could be caused by poor music quality, as I am listening to .flac files. Is this perhaps something in the music itself that I have not noticed until now?

Other than that, I love these little guys. Warm mids and pleasant highs with a noticeably deep soundstage. And, of course, beautiful bass that doesn't bleed. 

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #94 of 124
Just got a pair of ViSang R03s (same as Brainwavz M2) BNIB at a local head shop today. I was in there buying... umm... incense, yeah that's it. Anyway, they sell a little bit of everything, the cashier let me have them for $40. I've been wanting a rugged pair of IEMs for out and about stuff. Gotta say, these little guys are nice. They have a smooth, warm sound that's great for casual use, listening to rock, jazz, or just about anything else streamed via Pandora on my phone. Of course, they're even better out of my Matrix Cube here at home, very inviting. Just an incredible value @$40. :)

May 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #97 of 124
Has anyone had issues with the strain relief coming off? I've now had these for 3 months and love the sound but i keep finding the strain relief on the left side slipping off. I want to add glue to hold them in place but don't want to ruin my warranty. Any solution?

May 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #98 of 124
Quote:
Has anyone had issues with the strain relief coming off? I've now had these for 3 months and love the sound but i keep finding the strain relief on the left side slipping off. I want to add glue to hold them in place but don't want to ruin my warranty. Any solution?

I simply glued mine when it came loose, fixed it.

May 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #99 of 124
I just put a dab of glue on each relief and they stayed in place no problem. I would think they would have tried to solve this problem by now. My M2 are still going strong one and a half years later.

May 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #100 of 124
Thats what i thought. I bought some glue already and will give it a try.

I know this is a old song and might not be appreciated by the younger generations but this song rocks on the m2.

May 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #102 of 124
I just received my pair and I'm a bit disappointed by the design.

The nozzle (is that what it's called?) is fairly large and the tips don't go in easily at all. It took me a lot of fiddling around to finally switch the tips. The foam tips aren't very comfortable to me (maybe I'm not a foam guy) and I can't get a good fit with the silicone or foam tips. The cable's pretty nice, and so is the aluminum housing, but the tips need a lot of work.

So far, I prefer the M2 over my RE-2 only because there's less microphonics on this one.

EDIT: Okay, so I switched back to the foam tips even though I'm not a huge fan of foam, but they did give the best fit out of all of them. Are there any tips I can buy that would fit the M2?

May 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #103 of 124
EDIT: Okay, so I switched back to the foam tips even though I'm not a huge fan of foam, but they did give the best fit out of all of them. Are there any tips I can buy that would fit the M2?

You can try MEElectronics eartips but I don't think it will be that much of a difference. Monster's eartips will fit M2 as well.

You are probably just not familiar with how to put eartips on easily. Just place the eartips' bottom at 45 degree on the edge of the nozzle and push half way in first. Once the part of the nozzle is in, push the eartips up-right and it will go in easily.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #104 of 124
I heard that recent batches of Brainwavz M2 doesn't sound as good as old ones. There is even a chance in signature

Could anyone please confirm this? is it a change or defect in manufacturing?

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #105 of 124
Yes. true.. M2 doesn't sound like anything like how the reviews say they are. The bass is good.. But my M2 is very harsh and distorts at any volume. I feel very disappointed and cheated.. MP4Nation wants me to ship them to hongkong for warranty/replacement but won't pay me for the shipping. This is just outrageous. MP4Nation disappoints me once again... can't expect more from a Chinese retailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back