[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Nov 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,608 of 1,750
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,610 of 1,750
Did not understand the former at least what you meant ...........  Man anything except DUBSTEP 
Except means they have no accentuate lower mids (soundstage) or some bass characteristic??

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #1,612 of 1,750
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #1,613 of 1,750

These came ..... freaking unbelievable the sound is :D

I used to have these, a good solid closed-back headphone. It and the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro are two of my favorite ~$150 closed back headphones. I had to let them go because of comfort issues; the clamping force was distracting and I was still unsure of what I wanted in terms of sound when I got them. Now that I have finally stabilized in what I want in sound; I wished I kept the headphones now despite the clamping issues I had with them, but I'll probably go for the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro when I go for another closed back because I found them more comfortable while sounding on-par with the HM5.

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,614 of 1,750

I used to have these, a good solid closed-back headphone. It and the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro are two of my favorite ~$150 closed back headphones. I had to let them go because of comfort issues; the clamping force was distracting and I was still unsure of what I wanted in terms of sound when I got them. Now that I have finally stabilized in what I want in sound; I wished I kept the headphones now despite the clamping issues I had with them, but I'll probably go for the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro when I go for another closed back because I found them more comfortable while sounding on-par with the HM5.

Yup they are solid , although the 380s have always intrigued me .... the clamping has not bothered me too much although it is substantial in fact I liked the comfort very much :D

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #1,615 of 1,750
  Yup they are solid , although the 380s have always intrigued me .... the clamping has not bothered me too much although it is substantial in fact I liked the comfort very much :D

I think the 380s are another solid closed-back, I would suggest either it or the HM5 for anyone looking for a neutral closed back, although it's been a long time since I've heard either the HM5 or HD 380. I am in the market for a closed headphone as I am satisfied in terms of open-backs with the K612. I have like 4 or 5 closed-backs I am debating between, I need to sell my MA900 first and I want to try my vintage closed backs I left at home again with tubes to see how it sounds on them before taking the plunge with another headphone. I want to find a good closed back I would be satisfied with for a long time so I can be free of this expensive hobby until I can afford to put more money into audio.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,616 of 1,750
Detail boost and lesser bass..hmm
popcorn.gif

BRAINWAVZ HM5 Semi-Open 3D Printed Headphone Cups $39.50

Quote:

The Brainwavz HM5 Semi-Open 3D printed headphone cups transform the HM5 headphone sound to having a wider, open soundstage, a boost to detail and clarity with slightly less bass than what the normal HM5 closed cups provide.

The 3D printed cups are made in house at MP4 Nation and are made on a order basis. Each cup will be given a general sanding, removal of any excess plastic, pilot holes drilled on all 4 screw locations on the cup. We also test the print accuracy by making sure each printed cup can fit on to a HM5 before being shipped out.

The cups are printed in white ABS plastic, this material is durable and can be painted on. The cups can also be sanded for further smoothness or further modifications by users.

As the cups are printed in house on per order basis, please do allow for 3 - 10 working days for us to print, clean, test and ship out your order.

Product link

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #1,617 of 1,750
Detail boost and lesser bass..hmm:popcorn:

BRAINWAVZ HM5 Semi-Open 3D Printed Headphone Cups $39.50

The Brainwavz HM5 Semi-Open 3D printed headphone cups transform the HM5 headphone sound to having a wider, open soundstage, a boost to detail and clarity with slightly less bass than what the normal HM5 closed cups provide.

The 3D printed cups are made in house at MP4 Nation and are made on a order basis. Each cup will be given a general sanding, removal of any excess plastic, pilot holes drilled on all 4 screw locations on the cup. We also test the print accuracy by making sure each printed cup can fit on to a HM5 before being shipped out.

The cups are printed in white ABS plastic, this material is durable and can be painted on. The cups can also be sanded for further smoothness or further modifications by users.

As the cups are printed in house on per order basis, please do allow for 3 - 10 working days for us to print, clean, test and ship out your order.

Product link

If these are really their development product, we may totally call Brainwavz a brand.

Are these armature or dynamic driver headphones? Or something else?

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,619 of 1,750

I think the 380s are another solid closed-back, I would suggest either it or the HM5 for anyone looking for a neutral closed back, although it's been a long time since I've heard either the HM5 or HD 380. I am in the market for a closed headphone as I am satisfied in terms of open-backs with the K612. I have like 4 or 5 closed-backs I am debating between, I need to sell my MA900 first and I want to try my vintage closed backs I left at home again with tubes to see how it sounds on them before taking the plunge with another headphone. I want to find a good closed back I would be satisfied with for a long time so I can be free of this expensive hobby until I can afford to put more money into audio.

My friend has the 612 , he really likes them ...... he kinda describes it to be the sweet spot for AKGs having better bass than the 601 but sounds like a better detailed 240 ..... The price is sweeett !! too .....I owned the ma900s but never liked them that much ( could be because of my 650s ) , also I faced a stupid channel problem 
+ I think buying the Brainwavz was one of my best purchase this year 

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #1,620 of 1,750

I saw one of your pics ... you have a shimian .... good choice enjoy all the pixels :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back