[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Sep 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,594 of 1,750
yes they will work direct from your pc, although amping gives them some extra.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,597 of 1,750
Are there any solderable after market plugs, that snap into the cans? I want to self assemble a cable with a microphone. Somewhere in this thread (or maybe the fa-003 iirc) there was a sketch of the dimensions of the plug, can't find it right now, but I can measure that myself in a week or two. All previous comments about plugs were just about plugs that fit mechanically but not snap in. Has anything changed and someone found a working plug?

If there are no solderable plugs on the market, has anyone experience with modifying a plug on a lathe (? this rotating cutting tool) to fit the headphones? Or maybe guesses what plugs would be good to drill(/lathe/cut no a native speaker sorry) you could recommend? Do the cables need to have a flexible pit(/dent/nut?) or can it be a metal one?

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #1,598 of 1,750
be careful to not overstretch these phones when widening over a row of books.I nearly snapped my headband but i guess i was lucky. Ihad stretched them to maximum and realised that was a bit too far. Nearly 100$ in the bin:)

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #1,600 of 1,750
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead.... 

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,601 of 1,750
these get better with burn-in and an amp gives them that needed punch. I have an Little Dot MKIII. Be careful to order from davidzhezhe if you´re interested in it.

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,602 of 1,750
Hello, Sir! Thank you for the review!

I'm kindly asking you to answer the question:
Is the headphone really ABSOLUTELY comfortable? I just could not find the comfort section in the review.
Aren't they warm? If they are not, i understood they are closed. How fully closed headset can be not too warm regarding leather pads???
I suppose only cloth/velour pads may have the balance between overheating and isolation, because they "breathe"

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #1,603 of 1,750
  Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead.... 

Do not trust sellers. You don't need amp unless it's more than 32 ohm with a very_extra_basic soundcard. I suppose your previous headphones were more bass-oriented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back