[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Mar 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,456 of 1,750
I received them last night at 6:56pm GMT!!! 
biggrin.gif
 not allowed to use it until tomorrow though but they definitely came through with a sansa clip+ black can't wait!!! a word of advice please though, what should I use for burn in, could I use raw frequencies?

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #1,463 of 1,750
Quote:
yeah it does, when i listen to any vocals there's just a little grain to it, you'd have to be looking for it though, and ashade you were right my sansa powers it soooo easily

I think I heard that during the burning in. You can try leaving it during a couple of nights playing music. After the mod and the burning in it sounds... Awesome!!! It may be the quality of the songs as well.

Please, tell me back in a couple of weeks to let me know if i´m wrong or not.

Apr 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #1,464 of 1,750
Quote:
I would also like to know where you got your wood cups, and am interested where you secured the Canare cable for the HM5.   As these have been broken in, I really like the sound, just wish the mid would be a little more forward.  I think I am going to get an JDS Labs C421 (OPA 2227 version) to correct that, but any amount I can squeeze out of these is welcome.  

Interested to hear more about your re-cable, and where you got the wood cups separately.

Thanks, Kevin

Quote:
Would you share the cost and the retailer which sells this or similar cable? What kind of cable is this actually is? Thank you.

this is a very late reply, however the wood cups is made by a friend of mine who happens to work in workshop that has CNC milling machines. the canare cables are custom made by somebody else in my city. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. the wood cups cost about 70-75 dollars to make. the cable cost around 40-50 dollars.. if i remember correctly... 

hope that helps. :D

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #1,465 of 1,750
Ashade, I know it's a bit late but I noticed you also have managed to get your hands on a pair of these lovely headphones, did you go for the fischer, lindy or brainwavz? I had to go for lindy as they were the only ones stocked on amazon at the time 
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #1,466 of 1,750
I went with the Jaycar because they were 75$ including shipping. They came with the zipped bag, the long cable and a spare pair of pads. I'm pretty happy with this buy. Amazing value for the headphones. How is the invoicing of the Lindy? Do you like them? Have you done the mod?

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,468 of 1,750
They send them from Australia (yes... they do. XD)

http://www.jaycar.us/productView.asp?ID=AA2065&keywords=pro+monitor&form=KEYWORD

I got them with no problem in like one to two weeks.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,469 of 1,750
The Lindy's are spare pads, cable and bag, pretty much the same as Jaycar, although I could have bought the Jaycars for nearly half the price I thought the pricing looked a little dodgy so I went with my instincts. I haven't done the mod, not brave enough yet, tested with other tracks and the grainy vocals were just Gotye, and they were all 100 or at least 99.99% quality so I don't know what's up with those, maybe it's something up with the guys microphone, or I could have scratched the cd. I checked the right cup to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker (it seemed more prominent with the right one) no cracks or any scrunching. Tested other tracks and what do you know, no grainy vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back