[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Jan 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #512 of 1,750

The wait is KILLING ME! I just hope my HM5’s arrive this week before I go to NY.  Plane=burn in time.

I ordered my HM5’s on Monday 02 January, 2012 but I still cannot track my package. What’s the deal? should I open a ticket with mp4nation or wait it out?

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #513 of 1,750
It takes several days before it will show up in the system. I actually found singpost to be faster than ezparcel, also you can start to check USPS, but generally they will get it last.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #515 of 1,750
Funny, I found the opposite...ezparcel listed 2 days before singpost on mine. 

RipRoarin-I ordered mine on the 12/30 and found nothing online until Jan 5th (ezparcels) and Jan 7th (singpost)...just an FYI. 

Quote:
It takes several days before it will show up in the system. I actually found singpost to be faster than ezparcel, also you can start to check USPS, but generally they will get it last.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #516 of 1,750
Mine just arrived. Question for you guys who already have your pair. Do you wear the pad ON your outer ear, or do you allow that part of the ear to fit inside of the cup? Wouldn't doing so obstruct the speakers in that particular part of the headphone?

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #517 of 1,750

Quote:
Mine just arrived. Question for you guys who already have your pair. Do you wear the pad ON your outer ear, or do you allow that part of the ear to fit inside of the cup? Wouldn't doing so obstruct the speakers in that particular part of the headphone?

I always wore the HM5's over the ears completely, the cups are quite large and never seemed to even touch my outer ear.The thick padding all but eliminates the possibility that your ear would come in contact with the drivers.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #518 of 1,750

Quote:
80 or less. Spent as if it was your money :D My source is an ipod, btw.

In that case, if it were me I'm not sure I'd bother with the amp, unless I just really wanted one or had money to burn. It doesn't hurt to get one certainly, but I don't think it'll exactly be a world of difference. I guess you could get one of the Fiio's, cmoy, pa2v2 or something like that. Check out this article: http://www.headfonia.com/music-on-a-budget-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout/

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #519 of 1,750
I've been playing with the Fiio E7 and E11 with these headphones. I notice an improvement to bass with the E11, but beyond that, I don't really sense this huge difference. I just don't think I know what to listen for to tell the truth. I like them with added bass, which shouldn't be shocking. They sound absolutely wonderful, isolate like a dream, are comfortable, and are apparently ease to drive. I'm extremely happy.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #520 of 1,750

Quote:
I've been playing with the Fiio E7 and E11 with these headphones. I notice an improvement to bass with the E11, but beyond that, I don't really sense this huge difference. I just don't think I know what to listen for to tell the truth. I like them with added bass, which shouldn't be shocking. They sound absolutely wonderful, isolate like a dream, are comfortable, and are apparently ease to drive. I'm extremely happy.

I'd agree.  Despite my MS1i being 32 ohm and the HM5's being 64 ohm, the HM5 are actually easier to drive (need less amping to get to same volume level).  I've found that amping them on anything without a agian switch can be a bit hit or miss - as you need the volume pot too low otherwise they are excessively loud.  They sound great straight from my iP4 as well.  You don't need to amp these IMO.

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #521 of 1,750

Quote:
I always wore the HM5's over the ears completely, the cups are quite large and never seemed to even touch my outer ear.The thick padding all but eliminates the possibility that your ear would come in contact with the drivers.

Hey, D2K, thanks to you and Razorblade, I'm buying my first full size! I jumped on HM5 pre order this time... :D

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #522 of 1,750
After a few days of use between the headband stretching a bit and the eat pads breaking in I have times wearing these where I completely forget they are there. The only thing that reminds me is their warmth as they cause my ears to start to sweat.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #523 of 1,750

Quote:

Hey, D2K, thanks to you and Razorblade, I'm buying my first full size! I jumped on HM5 pre order this time... :D

You'll love them,Louis! I know how you hate headphones to sit on your ears(so do I),you wont have to worry about that here 
L3000.gif
 Just sweet,beautiful sound without the discomfort.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #524 of 1,750

Quote:
You'll love them,Louis! I know how you hate headphones to sit on your ears(so do I),you wont have to worry about that here 
L3000.gif
 Just sweet,beautiful sound without the discomfort.

That's why I bought it!
L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #525 of 1,750
Some people have prominent ears, these HM5s won't do it (or any headphones for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back