[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #346 of 1,750

Quote:
That would be a good comparison indeed. Seeing as the M50 are such a popular headphone if something like the HM5 was an upgrade SQ wise then I would heavily consider it assuming the price does not skyrocket. 

They aren't similar headphones at all. The M50 are basshead headphones while the HM5 are meant for accurate reproduction of music. There's no "better" there's simply "better for you." Also Brainwavz won't allow the price to skyrocket, if anything these will get cheaper throughout the year.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #350 of 1,750
Anyone else find it strange that on MP4 Nation the Brainwavz HM5 product page says, "Sorry, the product was not found." . What's the deal. Just out of stock? 

seems like it, and I was thinking of ordering one today... sighh :cryfam:

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #351 of 1,750
Quote:
Based on the reviews, it seems like Fischer Audio has horrible quality control in some cases. The product aren't consistent in terms of quality. Mine sound phenomenal though.

Where have you seen this?

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #353 of 1,750
I too am waiting impatiently..I am in Sydney and mine left Singapore on 22 Dec at 09:27. I am assuming the Christmas break and public holidays have had a significant affect on the delivery times. I am back to work next week and will find it hard to get to the Post Office to pick up if they leave a card.
mad.gif

DESPATCHED TO OVERSEAS 22/Dec/2011 09:27:00 SINGPOST DESPATCHED TO COUNTRY : AUSTRALIA / CITY : SYDNEY

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #354 of 1,750

Quote:
yep. yep. raz said on facebook that they just ran out.
evidence of how good they are? hmmmmmm??????

I wouldn't say it's evidence of them being great, more so evidence of huge demand for them. I personally still love the HM5 I'm using and I think they've replaced my Ad900, at least until I have to send these back (then I'll probably buy another pair.)

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #356 of 1,750
holy shizzzzzz. watching a movie.
i think i can hear the camera crew/other cast members chatting in the background.\
either way, it's voices that aren't supposed to be in the the scenes.

edit. just kidding. they were meant to be there. i just never heard them before.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #357 of 1,750
UPS came today!!!

...and they dropped off my Fostex T50RP. Still no HM5s :frowning2:

Strangely, HM5 just updated my order - they added the weight. Haha.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #358 of 1,750

Quote:
Based on all the reviews I read, everybody seems to be getting a different experience (yeah, I know, it's a preference thing). Bloated bass and a spike at _____ vs. perfect reviews elsewhere.

Once again I have to ask, where are you getting this from? That description sounds a lot more like this thread, haha. I've read through the entire FA-003 thread and don't remember reading anything like what you're describing. A search of that thread for "boomy," "bloated," or "spike" turns up next to nothing. But either way, that doesn't really have anything to do with quality control. I think there was one FA-003 owner who had channel imbalance, but it turned out to be the cable or something, so I don't really think there's any quality control issues there to worry about.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #359 of 1,750
Mine only arrived in Syndney yesterday. It hasn't cleared customs yet. I wonder how Brisbane can be this much slower than Perth. The post office guy said delivery won't be possible until some time next week.

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #360 of 1,750
for those worried about clamp force. don't worry about it. it loosens up soooo much from use. 
somehow it still stays on your head without even feeling like it'll drop.
but it gets soooo soft and comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back