[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #78 of 1,750

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones is now on head-fi's product list.

I also went and changed the typo, "The large 43mm CCAW drivers..." to "The large 42mm CCAW drivers..." I assume that the 42mm listed in the specs is the correct size. The Lindy's also list 42mm in their specs. That has been bugging me so much ever since I first read it on MP4 Nation's site. 
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #79 of 1,750
From the pictures posted they look as tall as the AD900 but narrower which should help comfort wise I think.

Personally I am wanting this to be "full size" versus a small cup. The size helps with the open sound and comfort. I have portable headphones/IEM's for going out and about.

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #80 of 1,750

Quote:
From the pictures posted they look as tall as the AD900 but narrower which should help comfort wise I think.
Personally I am wanting this to be "full size" versus a small cup. The size helps with the open sound and comfort. I have portable headphones/IEM's for going out and about.

Well,if size is paramount to you,look no further 
smile.gif
 I have fit the HM5's on many heads,with different sized ears,and havent got a complaint back yet. The cup size is large,and the thick cushioning helps here as well.

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #81 of 1,750
It never bothered me walking around the neighborhood looking like Princess Leia when I had my AD700/900 LOL. Heck I had my D7000 on once or twice under a parka hood last winter :)

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #82 of 1,750

Quote:
I also went and changed the typo, "The large 43mm CCAW drivers..." to "The large 42mm CCAW drivers..." I assume that the 42mm listed in the specs is the correct size. The Lindy's also list 42mm in their specs. That has been bugging me so much ever since I first read it on MP4 Nation's site. 
tongue.gif

Everything is straight from mp4nation's page. I think it's just a rounding issue.

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #83 of 1,750
Look what just arrived!

Unfortunately I'm having hearing problems in my left ear, so I can't listen to them yet. 
mad.gif
 I have an appointment with an E.N.T. tomorrow so hopefully that will be remedied.

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #87 of 1,750
Wow I had ordered them with regular shipping. (Didn't do FedEx or anything) and it shipped on the 18th with an estimated delivery date of the 22nd

yet it came early (21st) today..

I live in California

looks like FedEx and EMS aren't really needed for speed!

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #88 of 1,750

Dang. Did the shipping website update for you? Mine still says "NOT FOUND."

Quote:
Wow I had ordered them with regular shipping. (Didn't do FedEx or anything) and it shipped on the 18th with an estimated delivery date of the 22nd

yet it came early (21st) today..

I live in California

looks like FedEx and EMS aren't really needed for speed!

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #89 of 1,750
Mine are coming from Hong Kong and site still says item not found LOL . I imagine mine will be here early January. Thus the life of a Canadian.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #90 of 1,750
If the US was a safer place, I'd move there for cheap food, cheap postage and cheap retail and online products.

As I suspected, delivery to the US is from the US locally. anabolictrance, when did you order yours? If you ordered after the 16th, that's when Amazon got the stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back