Review: Beyerdynamic DX160iE
May 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #16 of 29
Yes I did, no luck. The second biggest silicone nearly fit. The biggest didn't fit because they were a different shape to all the others. Shame. Previously I had the B & W C5 and sold them because they were too heavy. Seriously regret it because I loved the sound, and they fit perfectly.

May 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #17 of 29
Yeah some IEM's are a pain to get a good fit.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #18 of 29
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #19 of 29
Nov 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #20 of 29
I just blocked the little hole and the all bass just dissapeared ...
no matter which volume
i did some comparition with my akg k67 the bass and mids sounded similar but the hights were not so diffined as my akg
the hights were some recessed there

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #21 of 29
Any idea what the build quality on these is? I have had the 101's for 2 years and they have fallen apart. I am and adult who mostly just uses these for travel, so they are not abused. First the buds seperated, when the glue gave out. I have taped them shut, but then the rubber button fell off of the remote. And just recently the left bud quit producing sound.

I need a new set of buds. I loved the sound of my 101's, great for acoustic but versatile enough for most music. But was going to try and avoid Beyer this time, and find something that sounds similar. But reading this review, these sound like they are my type of signature, good price.... but I don't want to spend the money on a set of buds that will fall apart again.

I have also realized that I don't really need the mic, it would just be bonus. These phones are tempting, as I know I will like the sound...

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #22 of 29

The build quality is like a fine German automobile. The sound is a biy heavy on the bass which obscures some of the mids but at a medium to low volume is warm and closer to neutral.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #23 of 29
How is this compared to the DTX 101 IE? I want exactly the SQ and sound signature of the DTX 101 IE, just looking for the better cable (flat cable) and looks.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #24 of 29
I agree that the highs are recessed at low to medium sound levels. However, both the bass and the treble are very apparent with >75% volume using the Augioengine D3 DAC. 

For what it's worth they are very neutral sounding to my ears compared to the DT990 600ohms (which is a given) but I expected a slightly better/completed sound with these. I will keep them though because they are comfortable and non-fatiguing. Bought them for while studying at the library and they are warm and neutral with Jazz/Blues/Vocals.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #26 of 29
I have had mine for 2 weeks. I was wary of getting these based on the reviews. Will have to wait and see. Although the hardcover isn't roomy enough for both the IEMs as well as the detachable extension cord without compressing it too tightly.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #28 of 29
So I have had these for about 5-6 weeks. Few things I have noticed using them with Android are:

1. As it should be obvious only the middle button works for pause/play and not the volume rockers. Haven't used the call functionality. The pause/play button sometimes doesn't work when using with Material Player (for audiobooks) and BS Player. Unplugging the extension and replugging solves the issue. Not sure why it happens.

2. I use these mostly for youtube/google music on the go or for audiobooks before going to bed. The T51i's easily replaced these for study sessions when using a laptop and a USB portable dac. There is considerable amount of hiss/static when using these in bed. Which is temporary and lasts for few seconds each time I toss and turn. I assume these can't be fully utilized for certain activities in bed without introducing static. Friction is good though. I digress :p

3. Only 1 of the 2 provided extensions will work with certain Android (Nexus 4 and 5) and Windows (some Lumia models I tried). The other extension requires the middle button to be constantly pressed for full audio without which it sounds muffled (very) and distant.

4. I use the comply foam tips that were provided and luckily they were of my fit. They definitely do a better job at sound isolation than the silicon ones.

On a side note these are made in China, unlike the other Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back