REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
Sep 3, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #512 of 975
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pre-amp + USB DAC version of Jade will be available & Distributing in North America soon. It will be difference brand and model.

I will be very interested to see more details about that one.

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #513 of 975
Quote:

Pre-amp + USB DAC version of Jade will be available & Distributing in North America soon. It will be difference brand and model.

I'm also interested in hearing more, that sounds like a promising product!

By the way Joe, It's now almost four weeks since you were to ship the replacement JADE for the humming JADE I first got, but it has not arrived yet. Should I be worried?

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #514 of 975
I have attempted to perform the fix that Joe provided and see no improvements with the hum. Has anyone else performed this fix and it actually fixed the hum?

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #515 of 975
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also interested in hearing more, that sounds like a promising product!

By the way Joe, It's now almost four weeks since you were to ship the replacement JADE for the humming JADE I first got, but it has not arrived yet. Should I be worried?

Our staff send it by airmail not EMS. May be something wrong on it ! Wil send another one from China factory to HK today and send by EMS to you next Monday.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #516 of 975
Don't so delighted so early. As the past experience they did, they may need to "tune/finalize" their products between shipments.

BTW, may balanced cable still have hum problem, but they seems no intention to help me to ease it.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #517 of 975
Sep 5, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #518 of 975
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldwine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't so delighted so early. As the past experience they did, they may need to "tune/finalize" their products between shipments.

BTW, may balanced cable still have hum problem, but they seems no intention to help me to ease it.

Balance cable not the reason to cause Hum. Hum is slightly higher than Unbalance out is normal due to higher sensitive.

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #519 of 975
Hi all! Sorry it took me so long, but I finally got around to fixing the hum problem in the second Jade I got from one of the other folks in this thread. Yes, the instructions Joe provided worked, the hum is completely eliminated AFAICT. It wasn't trivial to do, since it involved taking the Jade apart enough to get at the underside of the circuit board, and scraping off a little section of the copper foil circuit with a knife to break a connection (and rewiring it to ground elsewhere). So to do this yourself you need some basic comfort level with soldering and circuit boards, but it's definitely do-able and it works, I will vouch for that.

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #520 of 975
PaulyT:

Nice job
smily_headphones1.gif

Any1 else been playing around with the balanced cable for HD650? I'm considering it as an alternative to my Blue Dragon cable.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #521 of 975
Quote:

Our staff send it by airmail not EMS. May be something wrong on it ! Wil send another one from China factory to HK today and send by EMS to you next Monday.

Ok, sounds good!

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #522 of 975
PaulyT

I'm having difficulty understanding the instructions:

Quote:

1. Cut ground of which connect to Volumn pot.

2. connect Volumn pot ground from Volumn to ground point beside R30.

I believe I did this one correctly:

cuG3LAmxNatVxXBYsaP29w

photo 16

Quote:

3. Add ground wire as PDF file. (ground point beside R1)

This is where I get confused:

There is no ground point that I can tell near R1

AJ4tII4ywAe2JJVRcwNLSA

photo 13

Also if you look at the drawing the ground is supposed to connect to two points on VB1:

7hbUZmf8QtYo463Y24S2Gw

jade ground photo

It does not appear to be so on my board. Is this correct?

ovcNENaGjLElnXck4zUghw

photo 14

The ground actually lands on F2

a-W0-wLo01krf6GsNml0tA

photo 15

So any help you can provide will be most helpful. Also if anyone can help with the translation in read.

thx

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #523 of 975
photo 15

So any help you can provide will be most helpful. Also if anyone can help with the translation in read.

First sentence (4 characters) ===> Cut here
Second sentence (7 characters) ====> Here add a new ground point

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #525 of 975
Still a little confusion on the cut here and add new ground.

For the cut here, is this part of the volume pot, circuit board, and if circuit board which side of the circuit board.

Add the new ground, I don't seem to have a spot to add. How is this done exactly?

Can you provide pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back