REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
Dec 19, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #31 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review, Skylab. Good to see reviews of this manufacturer's amps. I was interested in the HEADMONITOR 2, but wasn't brave enough to take the plunge and buy one. I would love to read a review of this amp.

I can send you a HM1, It is export version of HM2 in difference look. It is a demo unit. You can keep it & transfer payment to us. Ofcourse this Demo unit will have a special discount. You may be can help me to start a Loan Program for Head-Fi member to listen on HM1 if you don't want to keep it. Please feel free to email me if any question.

sales@audiotailor.com

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #33 of 977
I like this idea. It's an interesting use of plate and cathode outputs.

What impedances can it tolerate? What is the output impedance? I haven't seen the circuit, but can guess at what it is from what you said.

Are there shots of the guts to see the craftsmanship? Which is the yin (plate?) and yang (cathode?)? or is it the other way around?

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #34 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like this idea. It's an interesting use of plate and cathode outputs.

What impedances can it tolerate? What is the output impedance? I haven't seen the circuit, but can guess at what it is from what you said.

Are there shots of the guts to see the craftsmanship? Which is the yin (plate?) and yang (cathode?)? or is it the other way around?

Thank for your intereing on our products very much. This Link has circuit of Jade & a Jfet + Mosfet with simulair theory. Please look at it.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/jfe...pdated-391053/

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #35 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiotailor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank ! We accept order now. It will release on 1 Jan.,2009. You can send me email to order it. It no need to pay deposit on order. My email sales@audiotailor.com

I ordered mine today. Thanks Audiotailor.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #36 of 977
that looks really nice. thanks for the review.

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #37 of 977
Quote:

Thanks, Audiotailor, for your kind offer. I'll e-mail you.

HeadMonitor1 will send to you from Hong Kong tomorrow.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #38 of 977
Quote:

Thanks, Audiotailor, for your kind offer. I'll e-mail you.

I'm waiting for your comment on HeadMonitor1.

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #39 of 977
I am burning in the HM-1 at the minute. I do not think there is any point commenting on the amp until it is playing at its very best. I will give the HM-1 about 100hrs or so and then review the amp fully. Having said that, it is a very fine sounding amplifier with my SENNHEISER HD650s and BEYERDYNAMIC DT880s - I do not have any low impedance headphones to try it with. I have been told by yourselves that in order to improve the sound quality I should replace the stock 6N6 and try the 6H30 valve. The 6H30 is expensive but I will try them to see what improvements they bring about. A better quality 12AX7 may also bring about a better sound.

All and all, the HM-1 is an impressive amp. It is very well built and sounds excellent. But as I said I want to run the amp in for the full time period before commenting at length. I owe that to you and to myself.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #40 of 977
Pics?
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #41 of 977
Quote:

I am burning in the HM-1 at the minute. I do not think there is any point commenting on the amp until it is playing at its very best. I will give the HM-1 about 100hrs or so and then review the amp fully. Having said that, it is a very fine sounding amplifier with my SENNHEISER HD650s and BEYERDYNAMIC DT880s - I do not have any low impedance headphones to try it with. I have been told by yourselves that in order to improve the sound quality I should replace the stock 6N6 and try the 6H30 valve. The 6H30 is expensive but I will try them to see what improvements they bring about. A better quality 12AX7 may also bring about a better sound.

All and all, the HM-1 is an impressive amp. It is very well built and sounds excellent. But as I said I want to run the amp in for the full time period before commenting at length. I owe that to you and to myself.

Thank for your comment very much. Yes ! Replace stock 6N6 to 6H30 sure can improve HM-1 to a high level. We can not supplier it due to too expensive & difficult to import to China. HM-1 is more suitable for Medium to high impedance Cans. It only can drive very high efficient Low Impedance Cans like ATH-900Ti, W1000,W5000 , Denon D2000 & D5000 or simuliar. It can drive AKG-K701 to reasonable level but not very high level.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #42 of 977
I'll post some pics later, Skylab. I'm setting up a new computer, so need to install everything first. In the way of looks it resembles the CAYIN or ICON amps, in that the tubes - 3x6N6s and 1x12AX7 - are enclosed and not in the open like the JADE or indeed the Audiotailor HM-2.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #43 of 977
How do I order this Jade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back