Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
Sep 27, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #317 of 418
Foobar???  When you spend $200 on a product you should not have to alter your listening experience...I love when people make excuses for products.

Funny, this is your first post and you are defending the Audinst, thanks for proving my point about the suspicous pumping of this product.

This has nothing to do with 'altering your listening experience'. You have a problem with the Audinst, I suggested ways to troubleshoot it and shared my own experience in solving similar issues with the unit. Make excuses? You realise different PCs operate in wildly different hardware/software environments that can cause all kinds of compatibility issues? Did you even try out other USB DACs before pinpointing your problems on a defective unit?

Yes, it was my first post, but at least I was trying to be constructive and helpful there. You are the one making baseless accusations and spewing vitriol on everyone who did not share your opinion. Besides, I could just as easily claim that you are a business competitor to Audinst trying to put down the product on Head-fi by spreading negative opinions on it.

Anyway, 29 posts don't make you a better human being.

Don't let him wind you up. He's an ignorant tit looking for a fight. There a very few on here like that but you do often come across them

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #318 of 418
I got mine just a few days ago, and gave it a short run during work.

While it's excellent, I'm getting that same glitchy noisy thing that people seem to have mentioned. I'm not sure what the cause exactly is yet either. It happened especially worse when I was copying files off my ipod via USB, so I'm guessing it's something to do with saturating the USB host causing all sorts of weird glitches... But it also did happen when nothing else was happening. Plugging it out and back in solved it :S Still pops every once in a while.

Otherwise, it sounds pretty damn awesome. Gonna see why it's acting up by playing with settings everywhere. Maybe even get a separate USB host card for it.

Might sent off an email to Audinst, since I'm fluent in Korean. That might just answer a lot of things, hopefully.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #319 of 418
I would ask their opinion for sure. I have had mine for ages now and have no dramas at all. I have more problems with the left channel of my LD mk3 se popping off and leaving a buzzing sound. That is something I will ask David about on another occasion. Try the tweeks mentioned on here. I'm sure you'll find the problem.

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #320 of 418
So I brought the Audinst home from work, to my trusty computer... Sounds perfectly fine and never glitches. Didn't even do any tweaks in software.

I'm going to chalk this as a PSU issue. It's always the damn power. Comp at home is a nice Corsair TX-750W, and who knows what the horrible PSU work machine has. I didn't try the supplied power supply thing though, that might help, maybe not.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #322 of 418

Quote:
is there a difference @ work if you plug the audinst into wall socket power instead of running power off usb?

There is a difference between usb, the power adapter they provide as well as something like a steps psu however it would depend on the headphone and I found there to be a more noticable difference when dealing with headphones such as the HD600 or DT880.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #323 of 418
I don't suppose any one has an idea how the Audinst performs as a standalone DAC.  I just ordered a Woo Audio WA6-SE and would really like to go a while without upgrading the DAC (I plan on doing so in a year unless I just can't stand the thought of feeding the Woo with a $180 amp/ DAC.)

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #324 of 418
Ok do let us know what the manufacturer say about it 
cool.gif

Quote:
I got mine just a few days ago, and gave it a short run during work.

While it's excellent, I'm getting that same glitchy noisy thing that people seem to have mentioned. I'm not sure what the cause exactly is yet either. It happened especially worse when I was copying files off my ipod via USB, so I'm guessing it's something to do with saturating the USB host causing all sorts of weird glitches... But it also did happen when nothing else was happening. Plugging it out and back in solved it :S Still pops every once in a while.

Otherwise, it sounds pretty damn awesome. Gonna see why it's acting up by playing with settings everywhere. Maybe even get a separate USB host card for it.

Might sent off an email to Audinst, since I'm fluent in Korean. That might just answer a lot of things, hopefully.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #325 of 418

Quote:
I don't suppose any one has an idea how the Audinst performs as a standalone DAC.  I just ordered a Woo Audio WA6-SE and would really like to go a while without upgrading the DAC (I plan on doing so in a year unless I just can't stand the thought of feeding the Woo with a $180 amp/ DAC.)

i did use the Audinst as a dac connected to my DIY PPAv2 amp. It's an excellent dac and the price is good too. There are better dacs but my opinion would be to try it with your Woo and then see if you want to upgrade or not. I did have a better dac at the time but with my PPAv2 amp and this dac it made for good sound at low cost.

Quote:
Ok do let us know what the manufacturer say about it 
cool.gif

You should read a few posts down as it was an issue with the computer being used at work.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #327 of 418
hi guys, just bought the audinst a few days ago, and yesterday, i left it connected with my mac, for 24 hours, without even using it even once, usb only, so no power supply.
Tried to play some songs, there's this cracking noise, and the songs is just like being cut to pieces, as if there's not enough power running through the audinst, is that normal? it lasted for about 50 seconds, so then i plug the adapter, same thing but only lasted for like 5-6 seconds. Is this normal? or not? or i'm not supposed to have the audinst connected to the mac for a long period?

thanks

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #328 of 418
almost forget, i use the analog out, so i connect it to computer speakers (the computer speakers might not be good, but never had any problem through the macbook pro headphone out).

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #330 of 418
I just have a question about the mx-1.

Can it output optical sound and audio to my headphones at the same time?

Also if using foobar and wasapi can this all be done as well. My forte outputs optical and and analog headphone sound at the same time, but in foobar you have to select one or the other when using wasapi.

Is it the same for the mx-1? Maybe its just a foobar limitation.

If anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back