Review: Apex Pinnacle Headphone Amplifier and Stereo Preamplifier
Jan 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #46 of 55
Thanks budx3385 for posting your impressions of the Pinnacle. And thanks for sharing the experience with a couple of local Head-Fiers. I am hoping to send the Pinnacle out to the upcoming Bay Area meet for some more folks to get a listen to it.

Todd

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #47 of 55
I have recently purchased an used Pinnacle, without an owner's manual.  Can someone assist me in a stupid question which I have?  It is on the small toggle switches on the rear panel label'd Balanced and Unbalanced, with all the inputs and outputs?  I am running balanced, XLR connectors out from my CD player, into the Pinnacle.  However, everything works regardless if the switch is in Balamced or Unbalanced?!  Any information will be greatly appreciated. 
L3000.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #51 of 55
Lucky for me, this unit is #5.  I have spoken with Todd and sent him photo of my amp with the serial number!  Plus, gave him the link to Audiogon where I have purchased through, a well reputed gentleman in Texas.  All checked out well and Todd has also answered all my question in regards to this Great Amp! 
darthsmile.gif
  Hope Todd will eventually get compensated from the credit firm!

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:
I have recently purchased an used Pinnacle, without an owner's manual.  Can someone assist me in a stupid question which I have?  It is on the small toggle switches on the rear panel label'd Balanced and Unbalanced, with all the inputs and outputs?  I am running balanced, XLR connectors out from my CD player, into the Pinnacle.  However, everything works regardless if the switch is in Balamced or Unbalanced?!  Any information will be greatly appreciated. 
L3000.gif

I have the same configuration and use the Balanced position. 
Congratulations on having the Pinnacle.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #55 of 55
This Apex is an impressive gear, but...

1 - it also bring me a (stupid ?) question:  With the Apex + a 2000$ Dynamic headphone, we are in a price range equivalent if not higher to a STAX 009 + a very high end Amp like the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE?  

So...  what is the advantage of a 12.000$ Dynamic solution versus a super-top Electrostatic solution like BHSE + Stax 009 ?

2 - I will mostly use high res Music files played from a MAC or a Music server. So, What DAC can you recommend that has a good synergy with the Pinnacle ?  

thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back