Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850
Jul 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 149
I enjoyed the review. The tip experiment is interesting as well but unfortunately it cannot account for numerous variables. Lab results are great, but many times fail to represent an individual's specific results. The auditory canal for each individual will be significantly different than a test model head. Individual biology can drastically alter the final result. The point being that those results aren't fact. They are simply the results of one lab setup and cannot hope to accurately reflect individual results.
Still, it's all we can do currently to give us a general idea.

beerchug.gif

Very true indeed!
We reviewers, and those who do measurement, can only do so much.
You're right, there numerous variables that are impossible to be measured at this time, and almost impossible to be communicated in review.
I hope my review would give the readers a good general idea of the reviewed items. That's my objective.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #19 of 149
Very nice and detailed review!
Have you tried the stock JVC spiral dot tips with the DN-1000? I really like them without rings on the DN-1000, haven't tried the EP-FX8M-B tho. I am considering to buy either one of them for my DN-1000.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #20 of 149
  Very nice and detailed review!
Have you tried the stock JVC spiral dot tips with the DN-1000? I really like them without rings on the DN-1000, haven't tried the EP-FX8M-B tho. I am considering to buy either one of them for my DN-1000.

Thanks!

That's my one great mistake, I forgot to try the Spiral Dot on DN-1000 before I returned the FX850 to my brother (who lives in different country)... sigh.... 
frown.gif

But if I'm not mistaken, the Spiral Dot is relatively short, so it might be too short for DN-1000 long and big nozzle.

I't might look like the star DN-1K tips on the right, or might even show the nozzle more through its bore.

That means, the 'Dots' feature on the inner part of the eartips will likely won't give any impact to the sound quality.

Do you mind to post a picture of your DN-1000 with the Spiral Dot tips?  Thanks a lot!

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #21 of 149
Another great eartips for DN-2000 is the Yamaha EPH-100 eartips.

It lifts up the bass and mid-bass a little to give a nice warmer sound and fuller bass. Reduces the upper mid slightly to give vocal 'less shouty' presentation, and also increase the treble sparkle a little bit.
A great alternative to the 2K tips with silver ring spacer 
normal_smile .gif

I tried the Yamaha eartips on DN-1000 as well, but they don't match.  So only sounds good with DN-2000.

But the problems would be:
1. I have no idea where to buy the spare eartips of those Yamaha EPH-100 eartips.
2. It doesn't grip well the DN-2000 nozzle, so always slip off the nozzle when I take off the earphone from my ear, and the eartips stuck in my ear canal.

Despite all the problems above, they do sound awesome with DN-2000 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 149
Yea its a bit short on the DN-1000, I think its about the same as the star tips on your DN-2k. I didn't think much about the dots when I tried them on as I was just trying to get a better seal for my DN-1000. The stock tips on the DN-1000 always stuck in my ears when I try to take them off, especially with rings :frowning2: The Spiral Dot tips and EP-FX8M-B are just 100 yen difference on amazon japan, so I am curious which gives a better sound.
I will definitely post a picture of DN-1K with the dot tips when I got home tonight

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #23 of 149
  Yea its a bit short on the DN-1000, I think its about the same as the star tips on your DN-2k. I didn't think much about the dots when I tried them on as I was just trying to get a better seal for my DN-1000. The stock tips on the DN-1000 always stuck in my ears when I try to take them off, especially with rings :frowning2: The Spiral Dot tips and EP-FX8M-B are just 100 yen difference on amazon japan, so I am curious which gives a better sound.
I will definitely post a picture of DN-1K with the dot tips when I got home tonight

Cool Thanks!

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #24 of 149
Sorry for the poor quality of my phone :frowning2:

The left one is without the ring, and the right with silver ring. It covered 1/3 of the dots.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #25 of 149
  Sorry for the poor quality of my phone :frowning2:

The left one is without the ring, and the right with silver ring. It covered 1/3 of the dots.

Thanks! Clear enough :)
The ring spacer helps to lift up the eartips, which will work the same way for the star tip of DN1K as well.
So, despite the softer silicone of the Spiral Dots, is the tonality of the Spiral Dot tips close to the star tips of DN1K ?

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #27 of 149
  This is one of the best (if not the best), most detailed and informative review/comparison I've read here.

Good job!

Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

Hopefully useful for the readers!
Now waiting the chance to try T-PEOS Altone200 and to compare it with DN-1000 and DN-2000 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #29 of 149
This is one of the best (if not the best), most detailed and informative review/comparison I've read here.

Good job!

+2......I feel the same way and forgot to post my comment 4 days ago....The pictures themselves carries lot of info visually...+3 for that.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back