REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7
Mar 14, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #406 of 422
Glad you are enjoying it the S7. Craig comes from the pro audio world of UREI / JBL, so most of his stuff doesn't sound as colored as other tube amps. As you said, you can throw whatever music you have at it. You'll have plenty of fun rolling different 6SN7 or 7N7 tubes.

The Vintage Moth 2A3 is really nice. It's better in some ways to the current EC stuff.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #408 of 422
my super 7 is coming in at the end of the week, pretty excited.

going to try to mate this with my hd800 and lcd x.    I think the lcdx is more similar to the hd800 than the either the lcd2 or lcd3. I have some 6sn7 lying around from my other amps that I can mix and match, but want to start the search for the ideal set.   It would be great to find one tube set that works optimally with both anyone have any suggestions to share?

May 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #410 of 422
  Any word on whether the current S7 comes in the lower profile casework (that the 2A3 has) ?

I don't think so.  I think they have stopped making them.  At least for now.  I'm currently in the process of trying to repair mine and inquired about the possibility of just ordering a replacement board and Craig responded that they are not being made anymore so it would be disproportionately expensive to have a single board made.  So I continue to troubleshoot.  Not to mention, I don't think it could go any lower profile without changing to smaller transformers, or moving them to the outside of the chassis.

And just a note that my amps damage is due to my own negligence, not of any fault of craftsmanship.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #411 of 422
Reviving a dead thread because the Super 7 is awesome. Picked up 7 matched Baldwin tubes (by Raytheon or Sylvania?) and they sing compared to the stock Tung-Sols. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #412 of 422
Not sure if anyone follows this thread anymore, but I have listed my EC Super 7 for sale. Delivered price is fully negotiable. I have a BA coming, and this MUST GO.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783570/eddie-current-super-7-free-shipping-must-sell-make-an-offer

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #413 of 422
I no longer see the seven available on Eddie Current site, is it disco?

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #414 of 422
Yes. The Black Widow is the new entry level EC offering. It is SS too.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #415 of 422
thank you, I was thinking for my HD800. I heard great things about the Seven with regards to synergy and compatibility. So is this Black Widow similar in terms of the attributes (SQ) as the Seven?

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #416 of 422
  thank you, I was thinking for my HD800. I heard great things about the Seven with regards to synergy and compatibility. So is this Black Widow similar in terms of the attributes (SQ) as the Seven?

I have never heard the seven. I only briefly heard the BW at the SF meet in July. I spent more time with the new version of the ZD. 

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #418 of 422
What a glorious find. Still suffering from losing money when I thought I had a Cavalli Liquid Crimson on the hook, but this thing is incredible. Hoping to offload a bunch of other gear so this doesn't have to go away since it's unobtainium. Unfortunately, some of my stuff I have to sell is unobtainium as well.

IMG_20170907_163729.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back