Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 10, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #646 of 681
I just bought these but my ears seem to like the AKG tuned Samsung phones bundled with the S8/Note 8 more. What is wrong with me??? I've tried different tips. Pepsi challenged the same tips and the Samsung's sound more open and clear and still have a more punchy Bass than the 1More's. I'm pissed at myself. Objective reality and the whole internet says the 1More's are the best at $99 and the bundled Samsung AKG tuned phones are just okay. Is it because I'm old at 44? I'm assuming its that. I'm so frustrated. I want to love these, the difference in build quality between the 1More's and the Samsung's can't be denied. I've had no problems with microphonics or any microphone issues of the sort. Idk why, but when I listen to these through my Note 8 (No adaptive sound turned on or any eq changes) the bundled phones sound better. The main things I'm listening to is Tool's The Pot (or any of their catalogue), Run the Jewels: Call Ticketron and Asap Rocky's track:M$

Sorry to revive an old thread, but What am I missing?? I want to keep these and its feeling hard to justify when the bundled buds are sound better to my damaged ears. (from blasting walkman's and discman's from 4th grade to college) Ugh, I hate myself. I feel like the left out kid who just doesn't get it.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #647 of 681
I just bought these but my ears seem to like the AKG tuned Samsung phones bundled with the S8/Note 8 more. What is wrong with me??? I've tried different tips. Pepsi challenged the same tips and the Samsung's sound more open and clear and still have a more punchy Bass than the 1More's. I'm pissed at myself. Objective reality and the whole internet says the 1More's are the best at $99 and the bundled Samsung AKG tuned phones are just okay. Is it because I'm old at 44? I'm assuming its that. I'm so frustrated. I want to love these, the difference in build quality between the 1More's and the Samsung's can't be denied. I've had no problems with microphonics or any microphone issues of the sort. Idk why, but when I listen to these through my Note 8 (No adaptive sound turned on or any eq changes) the bundled phones sound better. The main things I'm listening to is Tool's The Pot (or any of their catalogue), Run the Jewels: Call Ticketron and Asap Rocky's track:M$

Sorry to revive an old thread, but What am I missing?? I want to keep these and its feeling hard to justify when the bundled buds are sound better to my damaged ears. (from blasting walkman's and discman's from 4th grade to college) Ugh, I hate myself. I feel like the left out kid who just doesn't get it.

Well they ARE tuned to a thick lower mid-frequency along with some nice treble detail from the two BA units. I think it would depend on your hearing loss frequency. Also they sound better after burn in and more power.

Try different tips, as it may not be the tips you start with. Most of the time I get a better fit with foam, but the Triples sound better to my ears with silicon tips? Just don't give up too soon, they are fantastic!

And......................................but..............fantastic if you gel with the signature.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #648 of 681
Well they ARE tuned to a thick lower mid-frequency along with some nice treble detail from the two BA units. I think it would depend on your hearing loss frequency. Also they sound better after burn in and more power.

Try different tips, as it may not be the tips you start with. Most of the time I get a better fit with foam, but the Triples sound better to my ears with silicon tips? Just don't give up too soon, they are fantastic!

And......................................but..............fantastic if you gel with the signature.

No, that's helpful. I've been using foam tips on the 1More's. I just switched them out to silicone. Good to know burn in helps. I'll most likely keep them then. Plus, I don't mind keeping them. I got bit by the bug a bit after getting Senn's HD-650's and the entry level Schiit stack.

Thank God my ears can still appreciate the quality of that setup. :D

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #649 of 681
The Triples are some IEMs I simply love. Though there also may be a thing where your mind has to get used to the signature. This was especially true for me with the 1More Piston3s.

Just keep listening and you may have a “Ahhh-ha” moment!

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #650 of 681
here's my mini-review and impressions:

Purchased from headphone bar (support independent retailers!) for $125 CAD

The headphones are nicely packaged, premium feel. Besides the customizable ear tips, the braided cable is really nice to have on an IEM. It comes with a hard shell case and a airplane headphone adapter. Build quality is superb.

Sound impressions
  • Bass is very good.

It is not boomy like most other IEMs like anker BT wireless (still can be toned down ever so slightly for me, but others will probably find it pleasant and enjoyable), not slappy, goes into subbass you can actually feel the lows.
In this regard it outshines bose soundsport which is almost double in price.

• Low mids: channel separation is excellent. Transitions well from the bass region.
  • Mids: slightly recessed, male vocals not as prominent as other IEMs. Instruments have a slight warm tilt.
  • Mid-highs: again, excellent separation, female vocals are clean and present.
  • Highs are relaxed and smooth. Pleasant.

Overall tonal balance is well done with a mild warm tilt. Bass is where this headphone shines - well done.
Although if you prefer bright earphones, this one may not be for your.

Test tracks:

Main theme of Game of Thrones showcases the capability of the lower regions of this pair of headphones. Bass are present and compelling. Higher notes are well defined.

Sail Away by Damn Dan is a delight on this pair of headphones. The bass and subbass is wonderful.

Hotel California by the Eagles marks the slightly recessed male vocal. The instruments are clean and slightly warm.

Titanium by Sia presents a clean female voice and a very pleasant high note.

Rolling in the Deep by Adele has the female vocal present and well defined, if slightly recessed in certain regions. High notes are spot on, smooth and enjoyable.

Latch by Sam Smith is pleasant to listen to, the highs are well defined but never harsh. (Note: smith’s vocal is much higher than other male artists)

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #653 of 681
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody could recommend a dac under £50 to be paired with the 1more triple drivers.

The triple drivers are not difficult to drive, so the main thing is to figure out what you need more specifically. Guessing you need a headphone amp as well? Is this for portable? What source device will you use? What are you hoping to get from it?

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #654 of 681
The triple drivers are not difficult to drive, so the main thing is to figure out what you need more specifically. Guessing you need a headphone amp as well? Is this for portable? What source device will you use? What are you hoping to get from it?
I'm a newbie to all this. I heard that the FiiO K1 are good in terms of slightly boosting overall sound quality (again, not too sure how to define "sound quality" as a beginner listener). I usually listen to film scores so a device that would increase instrument clarity (although they are very good in my opinion with the triple drivers) would be most ideal. I listen to FLAC quality music (around 1000kbps) on my desktop with Groove player and through my one plus 3 with VLC - so, in other words, its pretty a really basic set up. I'm a student so can't afford good source devices and had to pretty much beg to get the 1mores. I've seen that the FiiO k1 acts as a basic DAC and amp. Ideally I would need this to be a portable device, so naturally, I gravitated to the K1. Just wondering to what extent it would increase quality ( loudness of the music for me isn't a concern) of music and hence whether or not its worth buying. Or if you are more familiar with another DAC/AMP that you would recommend, that would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #655 of 681
I'm a newbie to all this. I heard that the FiiO K1 are good in terms of slightly boosting overall sound quality (again, not too sure how to define "sound quality" as a beginner listener). I usually listen to film scores so a device that would increase instrument clarity (although they are very good in my opinion with the triple drivers) would be most ideal. I listen to FLAC quality music (around 1000kbps) on my desktop with Groove player and through my one plus 3 with VLC - so, in other words, its pretty a really basic set up. I'm a student so can't afford good source devices and had to pretty much beg to get the 1mores. I've seen that the FiiO k1 acts as a basic DAC and amp. Just wondering to what extent it would increase quality ( loudness of the music for me isn't a concern) of music and hence whether or not its worth buying.

The difference in quality between driving the 1mores out of my Samsung galaxy s7, or fiio x3i, or thru an ifi micro black label, isn't much. They don't scale much at all. They were designed as an easy to drive in ear. You won't really see a night and day difference with the 1more triples unless your current source is really that bad. I don't consider my galaxy s7 to be anything special at all, and they sound just fine out of it. Matter of fact the 1more is the only piece I have I use with the galaxy.

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #656 of 681
I'm a newbie to all this. I heard that the FiiO K1 are good in terms of slightly boosting overall sound quality (again, not too sure how to define "sound quality" as a beginner listener). I usually listen to film scores so a device that would increase instrument clarity (although they are very good in my opinion with the triple drivers) would be most ideal. I listen to FLAC quality music (around 1000kbps) on my desktop with Groove player and through my one plus 3 with VLC - so, in other words, its pretty a really basic set up. I'm a student so can't afford good source devices and had to pretty much beg to get the 1mores. I've seen that the FiiO k1 acts as a basic DAC and amp. Ideally I would need this to be a portable device, so naturally, I gravitated to the K1. Just wondering to what extent it would increase quality ( loudness of the music for me isn't a concern) of music and hence whether or not its worth buying. Or if you are more familiar with another DAC/AMP that you would recommend, that would be much appreciated!

The OnePlus 3 does have better output if you use an amp with it vs. the built in headphone amp: https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-review-1455p7.php. So you might notice a bit of a sound difference using just a headphone amp with it. A Fiio A3 is a good amp (no DAC) that would also scale well for using with many other headphones that are more difficult to drive. But I wouldn't necessarily expect a world of difference.

Hard to know what to say about your computer as the built in sound card and other factors influence SQ. You may not see any improvement.

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #657 of 681
The difference in quality between driving the 1mores out of my Samsung galaxy s7, or fiio x3i, or thru an ifi micro black label, isn't much. They don't scale much at all. They were designed as an easy to drive in ear. You won't really see a night and day difference with the 1more triples unless your current source is really that bad. I don't consider my galaxy s7 to be anything special at all, and they sound just fine out of it. Matter of fact the 1more is the only piece I have I use with the galaxy.

The S7's headphone output is definitely better than his OnePlus 3: https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-review-1455p7.php. Might be a little audible difference using a headphone amp for him.

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #658 of 681
Apr 23, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #659 of 681
I'm a newbie to all this. I heard that the FiiO K1 are good in terms of slightly boosting overall sound quality (again, not too sure how to define "sound quality" as a beginner listener). I usually listen to film scores so a device that would increase instrument clarity (although they are very good in my opinion with the triple drivers) would be most ideal. I listen to FLAC quality music (around 1000kbps) on my desktop with Groove player and through my one plus 3 with VLC - so, in other words, its pretty a really basic set up. I'm a student so can't afford good source devices and had to pretty much beg to get the 1mores. I've seen that the FiiO k1 acts as a basic DAC and amp. Ideally I would need this as a portable device so naturally I gravitated towards Just wondering to what extent it would increase quality ( loudness of the music for me isn't a concern) of music and hence whether or not its worth buying.
Thanks for all your replies! I think i'll be holding off getting the K1 for now. Still very happy how my triples sound now but once again thanks for all your advice!

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #660 of 681
Copy of my reply to some dude who was not liking the sound in another thread:

I can see where you're coming from, yesterday when I got them they sounded VERY weird to me, like I could hear every dip and rise in the freq. response so exaggerated that it felt like they had a pretty atrocious sound-breaking comb filter.
BUT, brain burn-in is very very real, especially coming from the lowish-end thingy that I was on. Today they sound pretty great to me, yes, bass seems a bit too prominent, more so than you'd expect from the measurements and most reviews. (check this, pretty in depth chart action - https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/1more/triple-driver-in-ear#comparison_2030) But it definitely doesn't veil anything, some EQ cut in the boomy region should fix it for anyone finding it that bothersome. Also a big plus is their quite generous high-end extension, the details are pretty sweet in 10k+, yes there is a dip at ~5k-8k, but like I said, after this very short adjustment time (some tip rolling helped a smidge) they sound quite nice, defined and powerful, and not weird at all even without any external adjustment.
Bear in mind though, I don't have super high level audiophile experience having spent so much time on lowly equipment, but I am not clueless either. So if you're not extremely picky about the signature, or really can't stand a bit of bass boom, you will find these are more than fine for what they are.

____

Adding to this, I tried some fine tune EQ-ing on the APO for windows to make them supposedly target response (exact mirror of readings) but I found that fully compensating the 5-8k dip wasn't actually that pleasant, so I can sorta agree with the tuning in that area, I think no problem at all there especially after some mind-burn-in

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back