Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Jan 6, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #631 of 681
Well, being that they are lightning only that kind of puts you stuck with that litttle but good lightning amp. I would guess it’s 1More’s idea or an exact part used in the lightning to 3.5mm cable adapter sold by Apple?

And.... they are thick sounding. Though using a regular home (non-lightning) amplifier and better source or a higher end DAP they can scale to a point.

They are not going to scale up to a massive detailed treble, but the upscale seems to pull-in more detail and space out of the midrange and tightens up the bass slightly.

Most of this hobby is fine-tuning stuff to fit a personal sound signature. The slightly woolly aspect of the Triple Drivers may not be your cup of tea? Even with the best of reference sources they do start to become more detailed, but that bass signature is always lerking somewhere.

They do have a following, but again it could be a whole group liking a far from reference signature? If your still interested try to get a listen (a non-lighting pair) at a show out of the best equipment you can find and try them out.

Funny too as the general conclusion when they first landed was there was a lot of lower low mid-bass with sub bass slightly lacking. They are much that way, but the lower mid-bass tightens up with amplification.

At times I like them better than IEMs 5X their price, at times I like them better than IEMs 17X their price.

The tips that 1More supply are kind of different to me. They are more flat and round. They have a wider nozzle which fits the wide nozzle at the driver ends. Remember those BAs are nudged right up to the end of that nozzle and the bass comes from behind. With this IEM I believe too long of nozzle tube is going to affect how the highs are dispersed? Thus the included tips are strange?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #632 of 681
I own the Triple Driver Lightning version, and I have used the 1More assistant to do the entire cycle of burn in for these headphones

However the only way I can describe the sound is "fat"
Bass notes drop like a thud in my eardrum and the vocals sound a bit muffled like someone is singing through a piece of cloth.
I thought that the seal was not good, so I bought the correct COMPLY tips , and yet, the sound has not improved

I'm not going to call them very bad, but it doesn't sound like the pair that so many users here and in other audio communities were raving about.
I don't think its a defective pair, I got it through massdrop about three months ago.
The overall sound from much cheaper pairs like myTFZ Series 2 or Kinera H3 provides a much more clear sound signature than these.

I am driving them with my iPhone X right now.

If anyone can comment on if the sound signature is supposed to be a bit thick compared to other IEM's, please let me know.
I will still be using them for general activities and local commuting, but I just wouldn't make them my go to pair when I want to really get the most out of a track.

r6zo5l.jpg

ok67ox.jpg

You might want to give the Symbios Mandarine tips a go. I was similarly dissatisfied with the sound until I paired the abovementioned tips with an iFi Ear Buddy... now I have absolutely no complaints.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #633 of 681
You might want to give the Symbios Mandarine tips a go. I was similarly dissatisfied with the sound until I paired the abovementioned tips with an iFi Ear Buddy... now I have absolutely no complaints.

I'm not totally sure how the tips would really make that much of a difference in the audio quality if I already have created a good seal
Comply tips have always been just fine for me on any other product.
Also the hear buddy wouldn't work for me because this is a Lightning connector
but thanks

Well, being that they are lightning only that kind of puts you stuck with that litttle but good lightning amp. I would guess it’s 1More’s idea or an exact part used in the lightning to 3.5mm cable adapter sold by Apple?

And.... they are thick sounding. Though using a regular home (non-lightning) amplifier and better source or a higher end DAP they can scale to a point.

They are not going to scale up to a massive detailed treble, but the upscale seems to pull-in more detail and space out of the midrange and tightens up the bass slightly.

Most of this hobby is fine-tuning stuff to fit a personal sound signature. The slightly woolly aspect of the Triple Drivers may not be your cup of tea? Even with the best of reference sources they do start to become more detailed, but that bass signature is always lerking somewhere.

They do have a following, but again it could be a whole group liking a far from reference signature? If your still interested try to get a listen (a non-lighting pair) at a show out of the best equipment you can find and try them out.

Funny too as the general conclusion when they first landed was there was a lot of lower low mid-bass with sub bass slightly lacking. They are much that way, but the lower mid-bass tightens up with amplification.

At times I like them better than IEMs 5X their price, at times I like them better than IEMs 17X their price.

The tips that 1More supply are kind of different to me. They are more flat and round. They have a wider nozzle which fits the wide nozzle at the driver ends. Remember those BAs are nudged right up to the end of that nozzle and the bass comes from behind. With this IEM I believe too long of nozzle tube is going to affect how the highs are dispersed? Thus the included tips are strange?

Thanks for the input

I purchased comply foam tips specifically for the 1More’s just so I could get the right seal.

If I can find someone who has a regular 3.5mm version of the triple driver, I’ll do a sound test, but for now I’m stuck with this lightning pair.

I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that these IEMs are not meant to provide clarity or detail compared to many other pairs. The sound is more tailored to a listener who prefers a fatter / thicker bass signature and an average mid/high.

They will still be my commuter pair due to convenience but just not my go to when I’m trying to get some separation.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #634 of 681
I could not see the tip ends on your photos, but note when you use the provided tips, the nozzle ends very close to the end of the tip. Every tip provided does this no matter which material it’s made from.

Many will try and get a tip which effectively extends the nozzle so the IEM gets better extension into the ear canal, but with the 1More it may effect the treble, even though you have bass seal.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #635 of 681
There's no tips that will change the common signature of the 1more, which is thick bass that bleeds, and is on the loose side. Sounds fine with some genres but overall not going to be a neutral giant killer. It's a cheap hybrid, people hyped it up way too much, it's good for 60 bucks, beyond that there's "better". I still use mine as my work pair, and their good for what they are, they're a good cheap iem.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #637 of 681
They're the 1st dual ba/1dynamic I heard and I do think they're good for 60 even with the issue that I personally have with the low end. It does not always bother me, and yes you're right the drivers are capable but in the end they seem to have been tuned to please the masses, which is fine, especially seeing as they sell them at Costco and they're cheap. I find them very comfortable worn over ear, I use them for phone calls, they aren't terrible by any means. Just don't expect them to be something they aren't is what I'm saying I guess.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #639 of 681
No. They have tuned for a bit of v-shaped sound. There are plenty of us on Head-Fi who like that who are not "the masses." (lol)

I wasn't meaning that in a super negat8ve way, I still listen to the triples, and some genres they do sound good with, for a cheap iem. The tuning is that of v shaped which is what alot of manufacturers do when they're trying to sell an iem/hp to a bigger market and not just audiophiles. I think they did a good job I just wish the bass wasn't so damn thick. It could have been v shaped without being so loose.But I have other pieces I can listen to instead so in the end it doesn't matter. I'm glad I bought them, I think they're worth the 60 price tag, but to each their own. They aren't perfect but nothing ever will be in this hobby, to everyone. I find my ex1000 and my he4 perfect FOR ME, but there's plenty who will dislike those, everyone's ears are different. In the end I would still be interested in hearing the quad, and other items 1more comes out with

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #640 of 681
I've been using the Triple Driver since this summer.
I came from the Dunu Titan 5, and I preferred the Triple Driver.
I tried the Oriveti New Primacy and I returned to the Triple Driver.
I tried the RHA CL1 and I returned to the Triple Driver.
I tried the damn Quad Driver expecting a step up from the triple but I found out that they simply sound worse.

I get it, the triple driver are phenomenal for their price but I'm getting kinda tired and I'd like an upgrade.
Is there anything that sounds simiiliar to the Triple but takes it to the next level?

note: I didn't like New Primacy mainly because they were uncomfortable while walking. Also I'm not a fan of isolation on IEMs.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #643 of 681
I tried the damn Quad Driver expecting a step up from the triple but I found out that they simply sound worse.

I get it, the triple driver are phenomenal for their price but I'm getting kinda tired and I'd like an upgrade.
Is there anything that sounds simiiliar to the Triple but takes it to the next level?

note: I didn't like New Primacy mainly because they were uncomfortable while walking. Also I'm not a fan of isolation on IEMs.

They don't sound alike but my upgrade was to the Sony ex1000, maybe a more similar sound would be the Sony z5.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #644 of 681
When I see the frequency measurements of various Sony xba listeners, or also from fiio f9 or f9 Pro, all overdo it when overemphasizing the higher frequencies. and from 10 or 11 kHz it goes steeply down.
It would be better to a vote with a valley at 5-9 khz and an increase from 11 Khz. does anyone in ears with such a vote in the higher frequencies?

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #645 of 681

Sennheiser IE8 is known to be a king of that V shaped sound.

I went to a shop and demo'ed a bunch of models and I found The Answer, Truth Edition to have a phenomenal lush bass/midrange while being very detailed. It had remarkable separation and imaging.

Edit: In hindsight after writing this post, both of these are single dynamic driver earphones that costs about $800

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back