Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 28, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #451 of 681
I feel that once the seal is perfectly done then microphonic become obvious. Try tap your head skull by your finger nail or eating while listening music you'll get mad.

I normally sacrify a bit on low & mid-low, just let the L/R tip rest on canal opening slightly inward for the sake of comfort and minimal microphonic when I am moving. The seal might be about 85% done. If I need perfect seal then I twist towards nose direction 15 degree.

It works well base on my ear using big size silicon tip.

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #452 of 681
I bought them yesterday at the 1More Booth in Taipei. They aren't the cheapest here but there was a 10% discount and I had a hard time finding them elsewhere. The service here is excellent and you can redeem an extra year of warranty if you like their page on Facebook. 1More's CEO and co-founder, Gary Hsieh, is from Taiwan and there was a segment on the news about him last year.

Sound signature is similar to the Piston 3 but much more refined. The bass doesn't extend as low or have as much thump as some of the recent Audio-Technicas I've tried (such as the LS50/70 and E40) but it still has some punch and tightness. 

Another thing I noticed is how unforgiving these are of poor sources. I picked up crackling distortions in tracks I never noticed before (it wasn't the IEMs because I then heard it on my MSR7). Have a listen at Coldplay's Hypnotised.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #453 of 681
I bought them yesterday at the 1More Booth in Taipei. They aren't the cheapest here but there was a 10% discount and I had a hard time finding them elsewhere. The service here is excellent and you can redeem an extra year of warranty if you like their page on Facebook. 1More's CEO and co-founder, Gary Hsieh, is from Taiwan and there was a segment on the news about him last year.

Sound signature is similar to the Piston 3 but much more refined. The bass doesn't extend as low or have as much thump as some of the recent Audio-Technicas I've tried (such as the LS50/70 and E40) but it still has some punch and tightness. 

Another thing I noticed is how unforgiving these are of poor sources. I picked up crackling distortions in tracks I never noticed before (it wasn't the IEMs because I then heard it on my MSR7). Have a listen at Coldplay's Hypnotised.

Agree with you on source quality. It's pretty obvious when the low freq sounds aren't well recorded.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #454 of 681
I've joined the 1More party train :)

From the off, from my personal experience (rather than necessarily an absolute), this is the best implementation of hybrid design that I've heard - normally in my experience, the BAs can sound harsh / shrill - not in the case of these...

Supreme packaging too, adds to the feeling of money well spent :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #455 of 681
I have my pair aswell, all the qualities cited above are true and they sound marvelous for that price.

That said the sound isolation is terrible and I'm afraid I can't use them in trains and such, I can't hear anything properly and I could be using 5€ earbuds and the results would be the same.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #456 of 681
I have my pair aswell, all the qualities cited above are true and they sound marvelous for that price.

That said the sound isolation is terrible and I'm afraid I can't use them in trains and such, I can't hear anything properly and I could be using 5€ earbuds and the results would be the same.

Nonsense

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #457 of 681
Agreed that isolation isn't the best, however, I have one pair of magical tips (the large from the Sony MH1) that do the job...

It's one of the perils of a shallow fit :frowning2:

Although it could definitely worse...

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #460 of 681
I got these today. First impressions:

- Very musical. No sibilance, harshness or anything. Very smooth sounding. HD 650-like timbre.
- It is detailed but not overwhelmingly so. The sound signature is a bit too lush, a bit thick and lacking air.
- BA drivers are slower than fully BA IEMs I've heard. Probably to adjust to dynamic driver's speed and thus increase coherence.
- Could do with more treble extension and sub-bass quantity. Maybe Quad driver will have these.
- A very good all-rounder and a superb value in its price point.

I wonder what 1More will do with its Quad driver IEM. I'm hoping for a more technical and airy IEM while retaining smoothness.

Fit: These are so comfortable and the fit is great. I've had lots of IEMs including TOTLs such as IE800, Noble K10UA and S-EM9. 1More Triple is more comfortable than all of them. It has a very ergonomic and well designed shape and fit.

Noble K10UA, for instance, is such a pricey IEM but the design and the fit is terrible. I had to buy Spiral Dot tips because Noble supplied tips didn't fit properly in my ears causing lack of good seal. With 1More Triple, I got a good fit in just a second. Superb design.

What's your source?
Personally, I have mojo and i dont like 1more with mojo. Instead, galaxy S6 set to clarity equalizer plus spotify, farrrrrr better than pairing with mojo.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #461 of 681
What's your source?
Personally, I have mojo and i dont like 1more with mojo. Instead, galaxy S6 set to clarity equalizer plus spotify, farrrrrr better than pairing with mojo.

I've had a better experience directly on the xperia Z5 than with the Fiio E11K amp in-between. On the Fiio K1 it's another dimension.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #462 of 681

Use comply isolation 600 or comfort 600 tips. I am using 1More Triple with comply foam for about 3 months and I have better isolation. I am listening generally at 50% - 55% volume and very little sound coming from outside and it's when if the track is at a relatively silent part. And I must say with default silicone tips it was not so bad, too.

I am using it in the bus, metro etc.. I have no issues at all, I never needed to make volume 70-75 or over. And how is a train you are using, that is making so so much noise?? :)

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #464 of 681
  I've had a better experience directly on the xperia Z5 than with the Fiio E11K amp in-between. On the Fiio K1 it's another dimension.

With Meridian Explorer 2, 1More Triple became another IEM. It showed clearly how capable is this thing. Waiting to listen quads if there will be a tour or something, or a discount to buy :) 

By the way, is there any 1More official account here in head-fi? Why they are not interested to such platforms I don't know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back