Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 19, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #376 of 681
They seem to have a nothing not to like signature as well as they seem to fit everyone.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #378 of 681
I'm a latecomer to this thread and my main interest is full sized phones. That said I still have and have heard a good number of IEM's. I bought a set of the triple drivers after listening to them at the recent NY CanJam after liking what I heard. I bought the pair at a show special of $85. At home out of the box they sounded quite good but not as good as the set I listened to at the show. After being in the audio video business for many years I am a firm believer of breaking in many types of components especially headphones and speakers. At no no surprise to me these have improved since getting in some time on them. They even scale upwards nicely depending on the associated gear. With my portable amps they sound best with the Aune B1 and Fostex HP-V1 hybrid. When I find the time I will be checking them out with some of my desktop amps, curious as to the results since I have a wide spectrum of choices.

Build quality is superb and I have not had any issues with the cable being microphonic. Their physical design allows them to fit my ears extremely well with the tips that were on them out of the box. I have felt no need to experiment on that front but eventually will just to be sure. Lastly, not at all a performance trait but their packaging is impressive, looks like it would be for a much more expensive piece of gear, very classy.

As previously mentioned sound is a very personal thing and if you get the opportunity give these a whirl, I think they have a very balanced and open sound and are quite a value.

:rolleyes:

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #379 of 681
I have ano ifi micro dsd black label heading my way, I'm not thinking the triples will gain alot from it vs the Fiio x3 bUT, who knows. It'll be nice to see what they do out of a better source. I tried them on my pioneer sx1010 last night, with the -20b activated, and they (like the havis) don't require enough power for them to benefit from that beast of an amp. Not like I ever intended to use them with that, I just wanted to try it. These things really are special, I wish mine weren't the ones from costco, because they're purple, but, I don't see them when they're working their magic so it's not too big of a deal. Especially since they were 60 bucks.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #380 of 681
Sounds perfect. I want something that'll drown out the background conversations but allow me to hear the phone or fire alarm etc.

Thanks for the comparison with the Senn HD650. That gives me a good baseline. They really sound superb value.

Thanks everyone.

I own both the 650's and the triple drivers.

To me the 1More's sound slightly more v shape than the 650's, they have a bit more bass and are brighter, but not to the point where they hurt my ears to listen to. 650's obviously have better sound stage, better mids and sound better overall but the 1more's are close enough that I can switch to them and not be bothered by the drop in sound quality. Overall I was pretty impressed how well they stand up against open cans that cost about 4 times as much. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #381 of 681

I own both the 650's and the triple drivers.

To me the 1More's sound slightly more v shape than the 650's, they have a bit more bass and are brighter, but not to the point where they hurt my ears to listen to. 650's obviously have better sound stage, better mids and sound better overall but the 1more's are close enough that I can switch to them and not be bothered by the drop in sound quality. Overall I was pretty impressed how well they stand up against open cans that cost about 4 times as much. 

My main 'at home' headphones are HD650s, and I agree with your comparison.

I received my 1More Triple Drivers on Saturday and I've spent the last couple days primarily listening to them via my iPhone 7+ and my PC via a Schiit Fulla 2. As you mentioned I certainly wouldn't say the sound 'quality' is on par but the overall tonality is somewhat similar. To my ears the most notable similarity is the smoothness of the treble. After getting my 650s in December I found that headphones with any grain or harshness in the treble just don't sound good to me.

As mentioned I too feel the Triple Driver is more V shaped with looser/less controlled bass than the 650s, but really, that's the only knock I have against the 1More's signature, and others might find the bass to be just right.I can transition between the HD650s and the Triple Drivers and not have to 'adjust' to the different signature. 

All and all I am thoroughly impressed with the Triple Drivers. I had been looking for a solution that worked with my iPhone 7 (lightning adapter), Galaxy Tab S2, Macbook Air, work laptop, and in flight entertainment. Until the Triple Drivers I was using a combination of airpods, Bose QC 35s, and some old Beyerdynamic IEMs. So far I think the Triple Drivers will fairly easily replace all three. Yes, I'm losing bluetooth connectivity and ANC, but I hate having yet another device to charge, and the Triple Drivers are so much easier to pack; plus the fully functioning 'universal' remove is great since I use both iOS and Android devices.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #383 of 681
What is a good break in time for the triple drivers?

The amount of time it takes for you to break into a smile while listening to them.

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #387 of 681
Right now it's occasional grinning after about 48 hours. Sounds thin and a bit too scooped at times. The seal and comfort are good though.

If it sounds thin you probably don't get the fit right. 1More Triples sound full and warm to my ears. Upper mids are a bit recessed but that doesn't affect the overall full and warm tonality, if anything, it adds to it.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #389 of 681
This. Burn in is bollocks, just put them in your ears and press play.

Why do you say that? Even growing up before knowing anything technical about speaker designs I noticed all my audio gear (speakers/headphones) sounded better after use.
It makes sense from a technical standpoint for dynamic drivers just like shoes

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #390 of 681
The subject has gone round and round here, though a great test is to buy a second new set of an identical IEM after using the originals for six months. What is amazing is I have found the two IEMs will sound exactly the same. It showed me burn-in may be 100% mental. It may be more mental than anyone realizes.

It may apear that the IEMs sound better after time but it's the brain being conditioned to hearing the sound signature better. I used to be more of a burn-in believer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back