[Review] 1964-T by 1964 Ears
Mar 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #16 of 28
Wonderful pictures, good review with as much impartiality as you were able to give when reviewing your new toys. Am looking forward to recieving mine :)

Thanks. Yeah, there might be some new toy wonder mixed in with my impressions. We'll just have to see how they stand up over time.

That last photo is stunning! I LOVE the colour. These are on my wish-list as well and your review made them even more attractive. Thanks!

Glad my review helped your decision. I apologise to your wallet though :wink:

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #18 of 28
Well you may be a special case :) haha kidding..taking good pictures is hard. I'll just stick to my humble and slightly outdated point and shoot.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #19 of 28
Not to go offtopic but PnS can take extremely nice photos as well. :) Just need to apply that bit of magic we call adobe Photoshop, which he did anyway with his photos.

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
Good point about Photoshop. Dom1610, can you advise how close your actual customs look compared to the way they appear in the pics? I'm not accusing you of anything, just trying to get an idea of the color. I like it so much that I might use it for a future purchase.

From looking at the pictures the first four seem minimally edited imo. The next few were whacked for contrast/dynamic range etc which should up the intensity but still retain the essential colour. Maybe the colour balance might be slightly towards the red tones but that's about it. The pictures are pretty accurate I would think.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #22 of 28
From looking at the pictures the first four seem minimally edited imo. The next few were whacked for contrast/dynamic range etc which should up the intensity but still retain the essential colour. Maybe the colour balance might be slightly towards the red tones but that's about it. The pictures are pretty accurate I would think.

This is correct. My second picture (showing the triples and the case interior) is the most accurate representation of their colour.
I can upload some unedited shots if anyone is interested. It won't be until later or tomorrow though, I'm busy writing code for my degree at the moment ( or, at least I should be :rolleyes:).

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 28
Thank you for the review. It is very timely for myself.  I am about to order some IEM's for my wife; and we just had the impressions made this morning. I plan to order the 1964 triples for her. I finally convinced her to get a pair of IEM's.  I use my own every day and wear them all night since I go to sleep with them on. [edit: decided to order the quads for her instead of the triples.]

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #24 of 28
Excellent pictures and presentation.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #25 of 28
Seems like a great pair of customs! On a side note, that case is awesome, both practical and stylish, where could I get one like that?

Edit: I checked their site and it seems they are selling it for 20 bucks, gonna get one then lol.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #27 of 28
Excellent pictures and presentation.

Thank you.

Thank you for the review. It is very timely for myself.  I am about to order some IEM's for my wife; and we just had the impressions made this morning. I plan to order the 1964 triples for her. I finally convinced her to get a pair of IEM's.  I use my own every day and wear them all night since I go to sleep with them on. [edit: decided to order the quads for her instead of the triples.]

Thanks. I considered the quads, I'm glad I didn't now that I have my triples, the bass is just right for me.

Seems like a great pair of customs! On a side note, that case is awesome, both practical and stylish, where could I get one like that?

Edit: I checked their site and it seems they are selling it for 20 bucks, gonna get one then lol.

I think the case is a customised pelican 1020. Or perhaps a 1010.

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #28 of 28
The case is a pelican 1010. I bought a pelican1010 prior to  getting the 1964-T and the case from the pelican 1010 and 1964-T case is the same outside of obvious things such as the 1964 logo and all of that customization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back