[REVIEW³] CrossRoads MylarOne Quattro, Woody One, and Woody Two (Completed!!!)
May 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #46 of 56
Hmm... one of the patch has dislodge itself from port 3 and is now stuck inside the Quattro. I doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect to the sound signature but it does mean one of my port 3 screw is now essentially a spare port 1...

Anyway I have completed a 30 hour intense burn-in process and the sound coming out of this is pretty good. It is clear though not as good as the CX 95 or Radiopaq Jazz. I also would still prefer if the vocals were a bit more forward.

May 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #47 of 56
Jon, try to further burn-in process. I find myself reaching for it more than X3 or KSC75 hahaha. It's fun and discrete IEM. The vocal quite laidback though, but iirc, similar to IE8 vocal placement.

May 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jon, try to further burn-in process. I find myself reaching for it more than X3 or KSC75 hahaha. It's fun and discrete IEM. The vocal quite laidback though, but iirc, similar to IE8 vocal placement.

I am going to continue burning them in as I do notice some improvements from pre-burn in to the last time I heard it. My S739 is now relegated to a burn-in DAP! Poor thing...

May 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked Uncle Wilson about the sound signature of Woody 1 v.s 2 and he has confirmed that Woody 1 is the bassy, darker sounding one while Woody 2 is the airy, detail sounding one. I can only assume the problem lies on the demo units.

I would hope that the problem was with the demo units. I thought the Woody 2 was shockingly bad.

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm selling off my 1 day old woody two for those interested kindly msg me at 96935624... I realised i like my my old crossroads XBi better...

Hey dude, you probably just had a case of poor QC set of Woodies.

I had like 5 pairs of faulty imbalanced ones before i found my current pair.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #53 of 56
i have the quattro now and the turbine, the pfe - i am a sucker! however, out of the three, my least favourite is the pfe, but that is just preference. they don't fit for me without discomfort. that is not usual. most find them very comfortable. the sound is great.

the quattro are nice looking though the filters are a bit wonky. the cable is not bad and for the money, they are, i think worth it. however, if find them not as good as expected when using the 2 and 1 ports with ANY ear tip. i will have an official review in a couple of weeks, but at the moment, i am not impressed unless i use port 3. the others are way too warm and strangely bassy.

but, good phones. the turbine i think have a more pleasing sound for me, but... their cable is ... really needs help.

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #54 of 56
Quattro will need burn-in and the final sound signature is quite different from the initial. You will definitely need to give it some time.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #55 of 56
Has anyone bought a Woody 1 or 2 lately? I heard this is a different batch from the original one and I was wondering if some of the QC issues may have cleared up.

FYI if anyone was wondering these are 98 bucks shipped to the USA. Just spoke to them through email.

May 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #56 of 56
is it too late to try a quattro now? the sound is wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back