[REVIEW³] CrossRoads MylarOne Quattro, Woody One, and Woody Two (Completed!!!)
May 20, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #31 of 56
Is the woody's benefit from an amp?
How much they cost? and where they can be purchased?
Ohh, i almost forgot... what is the main deference between the woody one to woody two?

Thanks alot for the help!
atsmile.gif

May 20, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #32 of 56
You can get them from jaben.net. I got them for around 140 singapore dollars. The woody one and two look the same physically. The woody one sounds much wider and has a 'dispersed' sound. The woody two sounds more compact and warm.

May 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiranV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the woody's benefit from an amp?
How much they cost? and where they can be purchased?
Ohh, i almost forgot... what is the main deference between the woody one to woody two?

No amp is needed. They are both around SG$130 locally at Jaben.net, but I am not sure about the international price. The difference has been explained in the review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The woody one sounds much wider and has a 'dispersed' sound. The woody two sounds more compact and warm.

Are you sure (as I have quite the opposite impression from yours)? I am pretty sure Woody One is the warmer, darker sounding of the two while Woody Two is airier.

May 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you sure (as I have quite the opposite impression from yours)? I am pretty sure Woody One is the warmer, darker sounding of the two while Woody Two is airier.

That was the impression i got when auditioning them. The woody one sounded very 'surroundish' and more analytical. Or maybe cos that pair was faulty as i had noticed the nozzle had separated from the wooden body. The woody 2 sounded more in the head and has great bass slam, but does not overwhelm the mids and highs.

May 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #36 of 56
Why i can't find the woodie's in the jaben online store?

May 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiranV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why i can't find the woodie's in the jaben online store?

You Are Not Worthy.

(Sorry. Couldn't help it. I'll resume correcting copies now. Consider me punished.)

May 20, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #39 of 56
You'll need to email David to get a quote (email on their front page). If you didn't get any reply, then try Uncle Wison's email.

May 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #40 of 56
I"m waiting for my cowon s9 to arrive... meanwhile i want to purchase a new set of iem's that will replace my current px100.
Till now i was locked on the pfe's but now i don't know if i should buy the pfe's or the woodie's or the turbines...
Selecting iem's is difficult!!

May 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow..woody is substantially more expensive than i thought. initially i thought it will be priced around sgd100

But it's worth it....after you get past the horrid QC for imbalance

May 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow..woody is substantially more expensive than i thought. initially i thought it will be priced around sgd100

Even Quattro is over S$100 (US$88 is already over S$130), so it shouldn't be surprise if woody is more expensive. However, if I recall correctly, Quattro and Woody are less than S$20 apart in store.

May 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #44 of 56
It's strange. I auditioned all three and thought the Woody 1 (should be the exact same set DigDub did, because the left side was falling apart) was only slightly better than the Quattros and that the Woody 2 was bassy but horribly muddy.

That being said I thought the Woody 1 and Quattros performed acceptably for their price range.

May 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #45 of 56
I asked Uncle Wilson about the sound signature of Woody 1 v.s 2 and he has confirmed that Woody 1 is the bassy, darker sounding one while Woody 2 is the airy, detail sounding one. I can only assume the problem lies on the demo units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back