[REVIEW³] CrossRoads MylarOne Quattro, Woody One, and Woody Two (Completed!!!)
May 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 56
I just got the woody two as well and the review is spot on. Compared with the x3i which i also have, the woody2 sounds less muddy. The woody 2 sounds very lush and has crisp highs. I also briefly tried the quattros and found that they required much higher volume setting on the player to make it play loud enough. The woody 2 is very efficient and sounds louder than the x3i at the same volume setting.

Possible problem might be the large barrel which might not fit in the ears of people who have small ear openings. The woody one which i tried had the noozle separated from the wooden body, not sure if its the usual crossroads qc issue or just that pair was faulty.

May 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Woody compares to the Bijou series?

Woodies sound better than any previous CrossRoads IEM that I have heard before, including Bijou3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha..same question again, how does woody 1 & 2 compared with nuforce ne7m?
thanks!

While Quattro is about the same level as NE-7M, both woodies are over them all together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The woody one which i tried had the noozle separated from the wooden body, not sure if its the usual crossroads qc issue or just that pair was faulty.

Maybe the glue doesn't like to stick the metal and wood together? I know Jaben is more than willing to replace any faulty pair, but it probably will be easier just to glue it back yourself if it ever came off.

May 19, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 56
Does your pair of woody2 produce a crinkly sound when putting them and sealing inside your ears like the x3i does? Its seems like its coming from the drivers. Only my right driver produces such sound, not sure if its considered a defect.

May 19, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does your pair of woody2 produce a crinkly sound when putting them and sealing inside your ears like the x3i does? Its seems like its coming from the drivers. Only my right driver produces such sound, not sure if its considered a defect.

That is the sound produced by the diaphragm moving as air pushes against it when you are inserting the eatips into your earcanal. Quite common among fully sealed dynamic transducer based IEM actually and not really a defect. I got several pair of IEM from different brands that do that. All you need to do is try to keep a small opening on the side of the eartips when inserting so the air pressure won't build up and push against the diaphragm.

May 19, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #22 of 56
Thanks. Guess its fine then.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #24 of 56
I am more interested in UM3X than W3 actually, but no solid plan for getting either at the moment.

May 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woody One sounds very warm with a mid / bass focus. Bass is big, deep, and slightly wet with a moderate attacking speed. Compare to Atrio, it is also capable of tackling the very low end of 15Hz but still able to deliver more in quantity. It does come short overall in comparison as Atrio's bass response is more refined, but it does retain enough control to not sound boomy or muddy.

Thanks for the review, ClieOS. Based on what you said above, would you describe the Woody One as suitable for bassheads?

May 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on what you said above, would you describe the Woody One as suitable for bassheads?

Definitely yes.

May 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #29 of 56
How the woody one & two compares with the PFE's or the turbines?

May 20, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiranV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How the woody one & two compares with the PFE's or the turbines?

I don't have PFE (yet) or Turbine to make comparison. Perhaps someone else can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back