Return experience on headphones.com
Feb 7, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 11
Yeah they are good people. They will X your account if you abuse and they are at the core audiophiles themselves who want their customers to end up with what they like.

Happy finding....

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 11
Yes, that's what I have read, on the website. But, do you actually have any experience with returns. I'm about to place an order for expensive (at least for me) headphones, and I ran into these https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.headphones.com?languages=en&stars=1&stars=2&stars=3

I tried to look through most of the reviews and don't see any experience with someone actually returning anything which I saw somewhat surprising. Now granted that Amazon may not authorized dealers, they have a great return policy in case things don't work out. So, I'm debating. Thanks for your comment. :)

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 11
I've purchased from headphones.com a couple of times now, and did have to return one pair of headphones for having too much clamping force. The return process itself was pretty straightforward, but I did have to contact them again after my return was delivered (per tracking) because the refund was never processed. Took a week or two longer to actually get the money back in my account. Not a huge deal, but I would say there's sometimes delays in communication or processing. Besides that, I think they have some amazing staff trying to run a very unique model in the audiophile world. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again!

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 11
If I was running the shop and somebody was serious about buying something from me, I would appreciate an email mentioning they wanted to trial something. I bet the transaction will go a lot smoother if everybody knows what to expect.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 11
Yes, that's what I have read, on the website. But, do you actually have any experience with returns. I'm about to place an order for expensive (at least for me) headphones, and I ran into these https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.headphones.com?languages=en&stars=1&stars=2&stars=3

I tried to look through most of the reviews and don't see any experience with someone actually returning anything which I saw somewhat surprising. Now granted that Amazon may not authorized dealers, they have a great return policy in case things don't work out. So, I'm debating. Thanks for your comment. :)

Hey if you wanted to send me an e-mail at taron@headphones.com and let me know what you're looking to try out I'd be happy to help. With regards to the few negative reviews, our reviews are run through TrustPilot which is completely third-party. We don't have any control who the reviews go out to and can't cherry pick reviews. We use it because it keeps us honest as a company and if someone does have a bad experience we like to know about it right away so we can fix whatever happened.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 10, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 11
Hey if you wanted to send me an e-mail at taron@headphones.com and let me know what you're looking to try out I'd be happy to help. With regards to the few negative reviews, our reviews are run through TrustPilot which is completely third-party. We don't have any control who the reviews go out to and can't cherry pick reviews. We use it because it keeps us honest as a company and if someone does have a bad experience we like to know about it right away so we can fix whatever happened.

Right on! This is already a good sign :)

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #9 of 11
I bought an AK KANN Alpha from headphones.com, unfortunately the device does not work and they have quoted me a 20% "restocking fee", I definitely understand that restocking fee's are necessary for when people change their mind, but a restocking fee on an item that doesn't work? You have to be kidding me. Anyone had an experience like this before?

ps. I sent them a video of the device not working, so it's not like I'm making this up.

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #10 of 11
I see that they have a 365 day return window, however has anyone actually returned headphones on bought through headphones.com, and how has your experience been?
Yes sir , worst experience, I purchased focal bathys because it was available only on their website , worst decision , I didn’t pay attention on the return fees , I only wanted to try bathys and might keep or return them which is my main right as an customer I don’t have to keep something , I returned it after one week , they charged me 170$ on fees

Feb 24, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #11 of 11
Yes sir , worst experience, I purchased focal bathys because it was available only on their website , worst decision , I didn’t pay attention on the return fees , I only wanted to try bathys and might keep or return them which is my main right as an customer I don’t have to keep something , I returned it after one week , they charged me 170$ on fees
Hey sorry to hear about your experience!

Looking through your various interactions with our staff, it does look like our return policy along with restocking fees were reported to you several times which you ignored each time.

You had expressed that you wanted to buy several headphones and return the ones that did not work out for you and our staff let you know what our return policy surrounding that process would be.

We do make sure that our return policy is very clearly laid out and when you initiated your return, you did select a box that says "I acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the return policy conditions".

For the pair of headphones you chose, you also had the ability to rent the headphones out instead of purchasing them so there were quite a few options available to you if you were looking to avoid our restocking fees.

We understand that our return policies are not for everyone and its unfortunate that you have decided to write several posts all over the internet about our transparent fees. For our customers who the policy works for, they love the fact that they have the ability to return a pair of headphones (whether it's on day 1 or day 365) for a small fee. If they purchase a Focal Utopia today and in February of 2025, Focal announces a new version, they can return it for only $500 instead of trying to re-sell on the market at upwards of a 50% loss. In addition, they can continue to get excellent customer service from our customer experience team, fast, free shipping, a wealth of content along with an active community to participate in.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back