Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jan 13, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #2,431 of 2,480
Thanks @capetownwatches for the driver ASIO 4.38.0 and...

Thesycon.jpg

Driver ASIO v4.67.0

Personally I haven't installed them yet because I packed the Concero HP for a future sale. I would really appreciate the judgment of those who want to try them.

Attachments

• Thesycon.jpg
    Thesycon.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #2,434 of 2,480
I have my Concero HD fired up for awhile, my Yggy is gone for Unison USB/OG updates, and my RME is gone for repairs as well. The Concero HD sounds good, a good pinch hitter!

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #2,437 of 2,480
I wonder how would it stack against our own no longer manufactured DDC.

As they say, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention :wink:
I did own the ifi DDC for a while, possibly bout as an upgrade to an early musical fidelity unit but I didn’t really like it in my system at the time. As I recall, a bit too dry, muted. I much preferred later musical fidelity hi-res unit, then tried fidelio? and Hydra X+ units. I later bought the versatile Concero later for headphone use then discovered it’s very competent use in the DDC role.

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #2,439 of 2,480
I did own the ifi DDC for a while, possibly bout as an upgrade to an early musical fidelity unit but I didn’t really like it in my system at the time. As I recall, a bit too dry, muted. I much preferred later musical fidelity hi-res unit, then tried fidelio? and Hydra X+ units. I later bought the versatile Concero later for headphone use then discovered it’s very competent use in the DDC role.
I currently use my OG Concero as a DDC into a Yulong D18 and it's a magic combination to my ears.

The Concero is head and shoulders the most musical DDC I've used, really quite excellent.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #2,440 of 2,480
I currently use my OG Concero as a DDC into a Yulong D18 and it's a magic combination to my ears.

The Concero is head and shoulders the most musical DDC I've used, really quite excellent.
I would not disagree. In my system, performance of Concero and Hydra X+ was very close. I ultimately wanted to compare to the High end Bel Canto Ref Link and the Berkeley Audio Alpha USB but had since moved to wired/ wifi low jitter streaming devices with spdif output or to intergrated amps with built in streaming capability ( all for convenience). I shall have to one day go back to the tethered laptop solution to assess again if I’ve sacrificed an sound quality.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #2,441 of 2,480
I would not disagree. In my system, performance of Concero and Hydra X+ was very close. I ultimately wanted to compare to the High end Bel Canto Ref Link and the Berkeley Audio Alpha USB but had since moved to wired/ wifi low jitter streaming devices with spdif output or to intergrated amps with built in streaming capability ( all for convenience). I shall have to one day go back to the tethered laptop solution to assess again if I’ve sacrificed an sound quality.
I will also take the plunge into streaming one of these days, it's inevitable.
I like the idea of removing my PC from the chain completely, but also wonder about sound quality changes.

I'm in no rush however, but that said, the next well-priced Lumin that comes along... :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #2,442 of 2,480
Thanks. I have the 4.38. I find if running the ASIO driver I often have to restart the PC (or service) to then get windows audio working. The 4.67 driver appears to be 2 years later so I am hoping a fix was in place by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back