Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Mar 10, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,666 of 2,480
I m trying right now the Burson Conductor that has the same amp of the Soloist
I have a concero HD as well
headphone: audeze lcd2
sometimes I prefer the bright, fast and detail of Burson Dac/amp, some other times I prefer the musicality and mellowness of the concero HD
the same my girlfriend, that is not an audiophile at all, and she just like to listen music: the kind of person that I trust!

so: soloist and concero HD are for sure a great choice

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,668 of 2,480
  I went with the Concero HD and Soloist for my LCD 3. 

beerchug.gif

enjoy!!! (you will!)

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #1,670 of 2,480
"I was using a iFI iUSB power supply in line with my MacBook and Bifrost before I did the USB and Uber upgrades. It added focus to the pre-modified Bifrost. Now that the Bifrost has been upgraded and had a few weeks to settle in, I have found that the iUSB makes the modified Bifrost edgy sounding. I have removed the iUSB from the chain and don't see a need for it anymore. I will still use the iUSB with my Modi because it does help it sound better. The upgraded Bifrost now sounds fantastic with my new Exposure 2010S2 integrated amplifier. It's now the most transparent system I have heard"

got to agree on this, the reason why i hated to concero XD didnt test it without iUSB which kind of sad :p

so in conclusion the iUSB is good with Lower Quality DACs and should be avoided with high end DACs to avoid SQ problems :p

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,672 of 2,480
  arcam irdac vs concero hd? anyone?

Good question. I haven't heard that Arcam and I don't see a ton of discussion about it around the web. From what I can tell, it looks like a far more interesting design than anything else Arcam has made recently (except the D33 which is way more expensive). Looks like a solid design on paper, from what I can tell. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #1,676 of 2,480
Last time i didn't get a real chance to know how good the Concero is , cause the iUSB was the problem with it, as i said before HQ USB interface on a DAC can go wrong with the iUSB, like the Bifrost with USB Gen2 ,someone had the Gen 1 and said its fine with the iUSB and when he went Gen 2 there was a new problem with the SQ, same with the Concero

i sold mine before getting to know how good it is, right now i am between the Concero HD and Shchit Bifrost Uper with USB Gen 2, i also found this article

"Back under the glass ceiling of a grand, I compared the Bifrost Uber to a rival from Resonessence Labs – another company who knows how to get USB sounding every bit as good as its S/PDIF neighbour. Resonessence Labs’ Concero HD piles USB-S/PDIF conversion and DSD playback (if that’s your thing) onto its feature list, so in that sense it has the functional upper hand. Separating the two on sonics wasn’t easy. The Concero HD sound was more detailed, more ‘hifi’ than the Schiit but it wasn’t quite as natural/organic. Or creamy. Or fluent. The Canadian turns up sprinkled in sparkle and glitter, the Californian in more conservative attire. Do not confuse this with boring!"

source: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/03/schiit-audio-bifrost-uber-w-gen-2-usb-dac-review/

i got one day to decide :p i can buy only one by tomorrow, any help people? also how better the Concero HD compared to the normal Concero? i am not inserted into the DSD though. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #1,677 of 2,480
decided to order Matrix X-Sabre :p 

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,680 of 2,480

Users who are viewing this thread

Back