Resolution Audio Opus 21 Full Stack
Apr 4, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Concert Sound + Austin Hifi became a u s t i n h i f i . c o m and I will be purchasing the custom DNM Reson DIN-RCA interconnect soon in addition to the Audio Technica AT-HA5000 headphone amplifier for my birthday this month. I will let folks know my listening impressions and forthcoming reviews so long as I abide the terms of service here as a member of the trade.

Glad to see you are getting around to buying the DNM IC. I've had mine for the Opus for some time and I think it is the best at getting everything out of the player. I think you will be happy.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #47 of 55
I hope that you are correct because I am placing my order later this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see you are getting around to buying the DNM IC. I've had mine for the Opus for some time and I think it is the best at getting everything out of the player. I think you will be happy.

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #48 of 55
I am ordering my DNM cable tomorrow while I am at work at Audio Connection. I also just purchased a Seagate FreeAgent 1.5 terabyte 7200 RPM external USB 2.0 hard drive through NewEgg.Com . I only need to order the Audio Technica AT-HA5000 and I will have completed my birthday gifts.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #49 of 55
My DNM DIN-RCA cable should ship by tomorrow and I will receive it by the end of this week. I look forward to comparing it against the venerable Cardas Golden Reference RCA and Blue Jeans Cable RCA.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #50 of 55
I just received my DNM DIN-RCA cable from Austin Hi-Fi. The sound is more direct, focused, and intimate along with smoother than my Cardas Golden Reference RCA and Blue Jeans Cable RCAs (not the LC-1). I will let this cable burn in for 100 hours and return to my thread with more listening impressions. So far, I am impressed with this cable and I now agree that it has unlocked the fullest potential of my Resolution Audio Opus 21 system. It's a wonderful customized cable.

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #51 of 55
Another thing that I just noticed is that I can no longer listen to AM/FM radio while using the DNM DIN-RCA cable. I have to hookup my Cardas Golden Reference cables to my RSA Emmeline HR-2 to listen to AM/FM, USB 2.0, and CDs. This is something that I had not expected.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #52 of 55
I got approximately 50 hours of burn in time with my new DNM DIN-RCA cable. The top end sounds less peaky and smoother especially with my A-T W-5000 headphones. Both the lower and upper midrange sound more balanced and in line with the rest of the frequency spectra. There is more PRaT and dynamics have opened up quite a bit. Bass is punchier and extends deeper with more articulation and texture even with the A-T W5000 headphones. Layers of opacity have been peeled off and there is more transparency throughout the entire audible spectra with the DNM DIN-RCA cable. In other words, the music sounds closer and more intimate especially with female vocals. These are significant improvements over the Cardas Golden Reference RCAs and the Blue Jeans Cable stereo RCAs. Overall, I am impressed and very happy with my purchase of the DNM DIN-RCA cable.

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #54 of 55
I have compared the DIN output versus the RCA output using the DNM DIN cable and Van den Hul The First Ultimate MKII interconnects, connected simultaneously to the same amplifier with dual inputs and switching back and forth, and cannot notice any difference.

Another thing to remember about the Opus 21 CD player is that it has a digital input (and a great DAC).

Jul 25, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #55 of 55
Hopkins:

I have been using my DNM cables for quite some time now (i.e., several months) and I can attest to the improvements in sound quality with my kit. The bass sounds snappier and the midrange is uncolored along with sounding clear and very intimate. The trebles sound natural and smooth. Overall, it is a much better cable than my Cardas Golden Reference cables and they are no slouch either. Austin Hi-Fi makes another type of DIN -> RCA cable that costs double what I paid for my DNM and they claim it sounds even better. I may investigate and purchase them while posting my opinions herein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back