Resolution Audio Opus 21 Full Stack
Oct 24, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #16 of 55
Thank you very much Absorbine_SR. I am going to buy it early next month. I would also like to get the Ue-11 PRO in December 2007 as well.

Enjoy the music (and the high fidelity) while it beats on.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the DNM's are solid core wire? I've actually been looking at these on a similar concept though not using the DIN connector

This is analogous to saying all cars are the same cause they have four wheels...
wink.gif
Solid core is only one aspect of the DNM cable. The main feature is the electrical properties of the parallel line, which Dennis Morecroft claims is "all you need" in short interconnects. I don't agree with that claim, but the DNM cables sound decent and are affordable.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much Absorbine_SR. I am going to buy it early next month. I would also like to get the Ue-11 PRO in December 2007 as well.

Enjoy the music (and the high fidelity) while it beats on.

Welly, I'm ordering the DNM from ConcertSoundUSA tomorrow. I'm also going to order the Anti-IC's and see which I prefer. If I decide not to keep the DNM, I'll make you a deal on it. Keep in touch here, via PM or via the email link in my profile.

A_Sr.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 55
Hmm. That is quite generous of you. Thank you sir!

I should recommend that you keep the DNM DIN to RCA IC because it is the perfect cable for the Resolution Audio Opus 21. In other words, do not be so quick to discard it.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. That is quite generous of you. Thank you sir!

I should recommend that you keep the DNM DIN to RCA IC because it is the perfect cable for the Resolution Audio Opus 21. In other words, do not be so quick to discard it.

Don't worry, it'll get a good listen first.

I figure it this way - if it is everything everyone says it is, I keep it and you can buy a new one (as you had planned) from ConcertSoundUSA. If I decide not to keep it, I have a built-in customer (you) to take it off my hands. And it helps soften the purchasing blow with my wife when I can say I'm buying both but only keeping one.
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #23 of 55
Welly,

Have you upgrade your amp? You should.

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #26 of 55
I wound up hooking up a FanFare FM Antenna and Super Select-A-Tenna FM/AM antennas to my Resolution Audio Opus 21 XS full stack. I am studying all sorts of communications systems now and I realize that the antenna is not to be regarded of as an afterthought piece that is merely tacked onto a radio receiver; rather, it is arguably the most crucial half of any comm system. Purchase high quality antennas and you shall reap the rewards. FM stations are abound with the FanFare FM Antenna. It's like opening up the entire broadcast spectra. There are so many radio stations available that it is mind boggling. Who said that FM radio is limited in programming? There is something available for everybody folks. On the AM side, there are so many choice selections for news, conservative talk radio, sports, and just ultra niche programming. It is sort of like paying money for XM or Sirius satellite radio, which I may re-subscribe to both and decide upon keeping, but for no money. I find it to be quite simply staggering in programming choices abound.

I shall update when possible. Off to my Meridian 808i thread.

I would appreciate updates on the DNM DIN -> RCA ICs. They look to be most interesting indeed.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #28 of 55
I am updating my thread because my RA Power Centre and S30 power amplifier are going to be shipped back for an upgrade: a new firmware chip, electrical power upgrades, new circuit boards, and the S80 power amplifier by the end of this year. If I can afford it, then I am going to purchase another Cardas power cord and Digital Neutral Reference plus a custom DNM cable to top off my rig. My RSA Emmeline HR-2 is still in daily usage and the combination is an impeccably well suited fit together. Next year, I am going to acquire the Grado PS1000i headphones and that too should be in keeping with the signature sound that I have come to cherish. I shall keep all updated.

PS:
I plan on selling off my AKG K 701 headphones next year.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #29 of 55
I wanted to update my thread comparing my RA Opus 21 full stack versus the Meridian 802.1i: there is no comparison whatsoever as the Meridian smokes the RA. Sue Kraft was correct when she wrote that the Meridian can reproduce music as if it were the original master whereas the Resolution Audio merely reproduces the music cleanly with a touch of warmth in the low midrange and bass areas. I still prefer the RA Opus 21 full stack because it is expensive, but somewhat more realistic in terms of being affordable. I can easily see myself keeping my full stack and upgrading to the S80 power amplifier next year along with some cable upgrades (DNM Reson, Cardas Neutral Reference Video) and a headphone upgrade (Grado PS-1000). The sheer versatility of my RA Opus 21 full stack is mind boggling and it will serve me well as I plan on expanding my high end big rig system for years to come. I would like to get into record players and spinning some vinyl records so all I need to get is a turntable and good cables.

Yes, next year will be fun again especially if I am awarded a major scholarship and internship within a few days in late 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back