Replacing LiPo battery in Headamp Pico
Jul 20, 2018 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

taperted

New Head-Fier
Hi all --

The battery in my Headamp Pico DAC/Amp seems to be on its last legs. It doesn't hold the charge for very long -- I'll be lucky to get a couple hours out of it. I tried contacting Justin at Headamp, and aside from an initial diagnosis, after repeated attempts, he has been unresponsive to arranging service to replace the battery.

I am going to attempt to replace the battery myself.

In this thread, oOKaMiZuKOo successfully replaced his battery, although I don't think he sourced the correct battery.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-pico-how-to-change-the-battery-where-and-what-to-buy.810801/

I can verify that the original battery is a LiPo, and is labeled GBP443440. Looking up this battery, I believe this is a 3.7V. However, it looks like there are 2 cells here. When I check with a multimeter, the voltage is 7.8V.

So it looks like I will need a 2S pack, however, I am having a hard time finding a battery like this (7.4 V, 9 x 34 x 40 mm, with 3 leads). Can anybody help with locating a battery, or alternatively, how would I go about taking 2 x 3.7 V batteries and wiring them in series?

Thanks in advance!

Ted

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi all --

The battery in my Headamp Pico DAC/Amp seems to be on its last legs. It doesn't hold the charge for very long -- I'll be lucky to get a couple hours out of it. I tried contacting Justin at Headamp, and aside from an initial diagnosis, after repeated attempts, he has been unresponsive to arranging service to replace the battery.

In this thread, oOKaMiZuKOo successfully replaced his battery, although I don't think he sourced the correct battery.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-pico-how-to-change-the-battery-where-and-what-to-buy.810801/

I can verify that the original battery is a LiPo, and is labeled GBP443440. Looking up this battery, I believe this is a 3.7V. However, it looks like there are 2 cells here. When I check with a multimeter, the voltage is 7.8V.

So it looks like I will need a 2S pack, however, I am having a hard time finding a battery like this (7.4 V, 9 x 34 x 40 mm, with 3 leads). Can anybody help with locating a battery, or alternatively, how would I go about taking 2 x 3.7 V batteries and wiring them in series?

Thanks in advance!

Ted
Did you manage the replacement? :)

May 4, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi all --

Thanks in advance!

Ted
Old post but found randomly this thread.
I confirm my battery replacement choice worked.
Futhermore, my pico dac amp is still alive and working... Wow ! Quality was/is still great.

BUT :
If initial voltage was 7,8v, just need to combine 2 batteries 3,7x2 = 7,4v and make it in series circuit > 1rst battery cable positive connected to plug + in motherboard, 1rst battery negative cable connected to 2nd battery cable positive and negative cable of 2nd battery linked to negative plug to motherboard. In series circuit, intensity (A) stay the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back