Replacement for Denon AH-D2000
Nov 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

idunno1987

New Head-Fier
Well...New to this forum but have been reading on it for a while

Im looking at some new bass heavy Phones for gaming and the Denon's really caught my eye, but I guess they got discontinued.

Is there any other phones out there that are similar?

Thanks in advance

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 12
  Well...New to this forum but have been reading on it for a while

Im looking at some new bass heavy Phones for gaming and the Denon's really caught my eye, but I guess they got discontinued.

Is there any other phones out there that are similar?

Thanks in advance

I replaced my D2000 with a Fostex TH600 since Fostex built the D2000 anyway. Improves upon D2000 bass with 1T performance, maybe slightly less mid bass and more sub bass. Upper midrange is also voiced a little higher, overall less U shape frequency response.  Never gamed with it though only music. And it's like, 800 dollars so there's a difference in price.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 12
Denon D600 definitely, perfect for electronic music under US$500
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I love mine, but i would not pay full retail price for them. If you find them for around $250 - 280 (or even less) you should pull the trigger and buy them

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 12
Yeah, I love mine, but i would not pay full retail price for them. If you find them for around $250 - 280 (or even less) you should pull the trigger and buy them

Ah yes, there's the Fidelio X1. Pretty much a good fullsize open back headphone from philips. The price is quite high though, but from what I've seen in these few months, there's a lot of discount on amazon for philips' product :D. If you happen to find the cheap one, go for it :D.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 12
It's $299 on amazon, but not sure if OP is ok with open headphones. The D600 can be found for less money on ebay and sure the bass is great 
smily_headphones1.gif
 the M-100 is another good alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back