Replacement for Creative Zen Vision M - any ex owners out there?
Dec 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

speecher

Head-Fier
My Creative Zen Vision M is starting to fail. 

I have to repeatedly press the the slider to turn it on and off. I can spend 3 mnutes just
sliding the button to get the thing to shut down.  While im sliding, the screen is jumping all
over the place. Even sticking the pin in, doesnt  help. Once its on...it works fine. Then i spend 3-5 minutes
getting it to turn off.

So i need a replacement.
What MP3 player has a similar warm lively sound? My backup...a sandisk c250 sounds thin
and weak in comparison. My kindle Fire HD sounds pretty close but i need something portable.

Thanks.

Oh - i will use a Shure e500 IEM and Grado 225i with 320kbps mp3s

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 6
There is a $200 difference between those 2 (ipod and sansa clip+), can you tell the difference
in a blind listening test? Im only interested in sound quality.

Also...indulge a noob. What is Rockboxing? is it a free software you download? Is it something i pay for..how do you install it? It improves sound quality?

Thanks.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 6
When my ZVM died (about a year and a half ago), I picked up a Zune HD 32gb. I found the sound quality to be way better than the iPod touch I had at the time, and the interface was very smooth. elegant, and streamlined. Although I predominately use it for music, the screen displayed videos beautifully, and had slightly better compatibility than my iTouch at the time. I also love the Zune software and the way it organizes my music library, album art, and random band photos that are displayed in the background of the "Now Playing" screen (I don't know how or when the software does this, but it's a really nice touch). I use the Zune software as my primary playback on my computers.One of the biggest selling points for me was the button on the side of the devices that brings up a "HUD" with play, pause, seeking, and volume. This is really nice when you start to get used to the devices and can use it without looking at it while it's in your pocket.

I know this is an older player and it didn't get too much popularity when it came out, but I would buy it again today it died on me. Even for the software alone, since it's one of the few portable devices that is compatible with it now. It's a shame that Microsoft discontinued the Zunes, but you can probably find one cheap on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back