Replacement cups needed for Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE
Jul 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skunk3

New Head-Fier
Hello people!

I am looking for replacement cups for my Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE headphones. I have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find replacements. I emailed Ultrasone and they wanted some ridiculous price for replacements, but I'd rather find some third party knock-offs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to spend $90 for some cloth, plastic, and foam. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 4
I doubt you'll find any knock-offs since Ultrasones don't warrant a knockoff market.  It also appears that the 2200 is an out of production headphone meaning that spares will likely be hard to find.  I recommend looking in the For Sale section, or maybe even Ebay.  At this point in time a new pair of headphones might be the order of the day unfortunately.  Or if your drivers are still good... maybe you could do a HFI-2200 driver transplant into a 2400 body? 

I've gotta ask... Why do you need to replace the cups?  

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I doubt you'll find any knock-offs since Ultrasones don't warrant a knockoff market.  It also appears that the 2200 is an out of production headphone meaning that spares will likely be hard to find.  I recommend looking in the For Sale section, or maybe even Ebay.  At this point in time a new pair of headphones might be the order of the day unfortunately.  Or if your drivers are still good... maybe you could do a HFI-2200 driver transplant into a 2400 body? 

I've gotta ask... Why do you need to replace the cups?  

I would be happy with knock-offs or even some plain stretchy foam that could slide over. I don't really care if it looks cosmetically appealing; I just want it to be functional. The drivers work perfectly. The reason why I need new cups is because a dog decided to chew mine up. He didn't damage anything other than the cups themselves. I unscrewed them and tossed 'em in the trash. I don't want to buy another pair of headphones right now, but I might have to, because I am certainly not going to pay Ultrasone's replacement price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back