Replacement cord for Bose QuietComfort 2?
Nov 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #16 of 20
considering how they're overpriced - it would pay you to contact one of the DIY here on Head-Fi. Though I've never asked him to do work for me - there is Cantsleep, and several others who would be very reasonable. They may well be cheaper (and certainly better) than what Bose will do for you. Look in the DIY sections of the forum. Then, if you decide to sell them sometime later - you can.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #17 of 20
i shall say the denon d1001(low budget) Denon D2000 ( mid budget ) and also the Audio Technica AD700/900( low-mid Budget ) and the Grado SR60/80(very low budget) or Allasandro MS1(Very Low budget) . The audio technica's are really good going ampless while the d2000 is a beast when amped. D1001 is also good ampless. If you want killer low budget bass then ES7
bigsmile_face.gif

But seriously, Bose is overated. Also, you could try Beyer Dynamic DT880, which are the most comfortable heaphones i've tried. All the can's sound pretty much well across most genre except the es7, grado's and the MS1. Also, Comfort wise, all are comfortable to me except the grado's and MS1
Hope this helps.
atsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #20 of 20
From Bose.........................

Thank you for your inquiry.

Replacement audio cables are available for Bose® QuietComfort® 2 headphones.

If you own champagne-colored (pinkish hue) QC™2 headphones, the part number is 309751-0010.

The part number for the silver QC2 headphones is 309748-0010.

Note: This version of the cable features a 59-degree angled plug which allows compatibility with the Apple iPhone without the use of a separate adapter. The cable can still be used with other audio sources with an 1/8-inch audio output connection.

The price is $15 (US dollars); state and local taxes may apply. To order, please call 800-367-4008 and have your credit card handy. If the audio cable is in stock, you should receive it about 10 to 14 business days after we get your order. Out-of-stock parts usually take 4 to 6 weeks. And backorders may take a bit longer than that. If you pay with a personal check, please allow an extra 2 to 3 business days.

Parts prices are subject to change without notice.

If you're not sure which cable to order, please have your headphones handy when you call. We'll help you determine the one you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back