Replacement Cable for JH Audio JH-3A
May 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

G Lee

New Head-Fier
Hello:

Are there any recomendations for a replacement cable for the JH Audio JH-3A?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Grayson

May 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 16
I had Craig at Whiplash build one of his Twag V2 Eclipse cables for my JH16/3A.  To my ears there was (and is) a significant improvement with the Twag V2 over the stock.

I have also had Drew at Moon Audio build me cables for other earphones and his Blue Dragon series is really good.   ALO has a good reputation for cables too.  That should give you options to review and shop around.

May 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 16
Thanks for the info.

About the Whiplash cables.  I was told that there were some problems with the silver content of the Whiplash TWAG v2 cables.  Has this been your experience?

Thanks again,

Grayson 

May 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

About the Whiplash cables.  I was told that there were some problems with the silver content of the Whiplash TWAG v2 cables.  Has this been your experience?

Thanks again,

Grayson 

I believe there was and I am not sure what was the final resolution of the silver content issue.   I have no idea what is the silver content of the Twag V2 Eclipse and I really don't care.   What's important is how much better the Twag V2 sounds the the 3A stock.

As the bozebuttons says above, Drew at Moon Audio has what i think will be a really good Silver Dragon cable.  If you have qualms about Whiplash, Drew is a great alternative.   The cables he has built for me have been of the highest standard and sound wonderful.

May 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the input.

What is the best way to find out when the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable is released?

Grayson

Drew said he will post it on his website or contact Drew directly.

May 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Thanks again,

Grayson 

That was TWag v1 (which still performed really well). TWag v2 is pure OCC silver. I just bought the 3a TWag v2 so I'll try it out tonight. Beautiful cable too btw.

May 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #10 of 16
Hi:

What is the best way to get in touch with Craig at Whiplash, other than at his site?  No response there.

Also, what is the difference in sound between the Whiplash TWAG v2 cable and the stock cable?

Thanks,

Grayson

May 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #13 of 16
I have dealt with Craig quite a bit over the last couple of years and will try to see if I can find him for you.  I'll pm you with my progress.  I just worry he maybe out of business.

May 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #15 of 16
Believe it or not, I just heard back from Craig, within the hour.  He says to email him, not send a  PM.  Also, he says that many emails go into his spam.   When I reply to his email, I'll tell him to keep an eye out for an email from you and that you've emailed him already.

(I decided to reply here rather than PM you so others who are trying to reach Craig know what seems to be going on.   I'll tell Craig to keep checking his spam.....not the stuff in that comes in a tin!)

He also said this at the very end of his email: "I have some new stuff coming out that is Real serious. I mean serious!"  I'll see if I can him to spill the beans....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back