Replaced plug on the Ortofon EQ7
May 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SouLazee

New Head-Fier
So, a while ago, noticed that my EQ 7's had stopped producing sound on one side of the earbuds. Seeing as I bought it used off another head-fier from a different country, decided to try my luck and fix it myself. Luckily, my friend taking engineering lent a hand and guided me through the process.

Here's the result:

There are a few differences between the pre and post replacement plug, notably the earphones seem easier to drive. Not sure it if has to do with the plug itself, but they were non-name brand plugs bought from a mom and pop electronics store. Hasn't blown up or shorted on me so far, which is a good sign.

As for sound signature, its a bit harder to quantify, since I switched back to my RE0's during the interim and grown re-accustomed to them instead. So, from what I can remember, the sound seems to be slightly different, to what extent, I can't really say. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

May 10, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 3
In hindsight, I probably should've emailed ortofon again. But I assumed the warranty was void, as it was bought used, so no proof of purchase and passed the 1 year warranty mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back