Repairing Audio Technica ES7, and replacing cable in Beyerdynamic DT990s.
Aug 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theaterinterior

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

This is my first post in this forum, I've lurked for a little while, still not entirely sure this is the place to go. Sincere apologies if I've gone to the wrong place, but similar threads were posted here from my searches, so it seemed right.

My girlfriends ES7s cable has been snapped, I've done my fair share of soldering working on guitars so I figure I can fix it with a bit of research. While I'm at it, I've been meaning to replace my twisted cable from my DT990s.

I'm looking for any documentation or stories of these being worked on (http://www.head-fi.org/t/449161/audio-technica-ath-esw9-recable-step-by-step-w-pics this was rather helpful!) but more importantly I'm looking for recommendation  on what cables to replace them with. Looking for fairly stiff tangle free cables that can handle a bit of abuse for the ES7s. 

DT990s I'm looking for a super durable tangle free cord. It doesn't have to worry about being shoved in a bag. It stays on my desk for demoing recordings or in my TV for gaming. I'm assuming length isn't going to be an issue as I can probably choose that when I order.

Hopefully this is in the right place and I've given enough info, if not tell me so I can fix it or shout at me or whatever works for you really. Hope we can get along.

P.S. One tiny other tidbit, I'm an Australian which may complicate buying locations a bit. Prices will skyrocket and shipping will probably be absurd for such lightweight materials...

I've purposefully left the price out... I don't particularly have a budget. If possible, it would be amazing if you could list a budget and nice quality option and what the advantages are for the more expensive option. Hope that's not asking too much. Okay, that's it, I swear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back