REO-
Apr 18, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 14
the treble on the RE0 extends very far but is not sharp at all. i find it very smooth, unlike some other IEMs like the TF10 and CK10 whose treble can be a bit sharp at times. the treble on the RE0 is the best i've ever heard from an earphone, perfect balance of extension, focus, and smoothness. i do not find it fatiguing at all.

EDIT: maybe i should clarify here: the treble on the RE0 is VERY good, however, there are many things that other IEMs do better than the RE0. for example, the bass and mids on the CK10 are better than the RE0, while the imaging and resolution (speed/separation) on the CK10 far surpass that of the RE0.

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 14
Even after doing the foam mod (which brightens the treble and brings the mids forward), I don't find the RE0s treble to be overly sibilant or sharp. Perhaps my ears are less sensitive to that sort of thing.

How long have you been listening to them? I believe that the treble calms down a bit (without losing clarity) after burning them in for a long while.

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 14
Going to have to agree with Eraser here on the treble. I really don't find it sharp at all. It's strong and present but smooth at the same time. It is for sure more prominent than in some other iem's but not sharp at least for me.

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 14
According to Pianist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist
Stock RE0 does sound a bit fatiguing in the treble because it has a spike around 14 kHz.

He said he fixed it by doing a foam mod. I didn't try this myself, but I agree that strings and an electric guitar on the stock version can sound harsh.

If anyone wants to compare, listen to Mammatus' "The Righteous Path Through The Forest Of Old" with the RE0.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 14
I've never heard this spike 14kHz spike in mine. No sharpness or harshness in the treble.

One could try repositioning the foam inside until the treble is non-fatiguing. Or removing it.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 14
removing the foam is not what you want IMO. in my experience it changes from smooth and unfatiguing to sharp and slightly fatiguing.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame21x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even after doing the foam mod (which brightens the treble and brings the mids forward), ...

Brightens the treble on the RE0?!
eek.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #11 of 14
I kinda wish I tried out the foam mod before I sold the RE0. I probably was the only moron would couldn't figure out how to remove the filter lol =(

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda wish I tried out the foam mod before I sold the RE0. I probably was the only moron would couldn't figure out how to remove the filter lol =(

the foam mod does bring them quite close to the CK10 in terms of sound signature.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brightens the treble on the RE0?!
eek.gif

He must mean removing it, instead of changing the type of foam, repositioning it, or adding more.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 14
This is my foam mod.
I find the mids a little warmer and highs smoother. Very nice.
Also a bit more kick in the low end.
No fatique or harshness with this setup.
re0tip3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back