REO sound out of one earphone
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Maharg

New Head-Fier
Hi, when I was looking for new phones about 6 months ago I searched these forums for suggestions and found a lot of people liked the REO's. I decided they were a good price and I dived in. I thought they sounded great but now about 4 or 5 months later sound out of the right ear phone has ceased. I do not know what is wrong at all. Is there anyway to fix this? Or any suggestions on what I can do?

I really don't want to have to spend $100+ for another set of phones so soon. This was my first entrance to a decent pair of ear phones and thought they sounded great but can't afford to buy new ones again.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 8
My daughter has the same problem with her set. We bought them off of Amazon in April of 2010. I read an Amazon review which stated that Head-Direct will not honor warranties on RE0's bought through Amazon.
Anyone know if this is truly the case?

If that is true, than that is really poor customer service on their part.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
My daughter has the same problem with her set. We bought them off of Amazon in April of 2010. I read an Amazon review which stated that Head-Direct will not honor warranties on RE0's bought through Amazon.
Anyone know if this is truly the case?

If that is true, than that is really poor customer service on their part.

I really don't see why you wouldn't just contact them and ask. I don't even believe the things I read on head-fi half the time, never mind amazon.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Head-Direct is the Amazon seller for RE0, so they will honor the warranty - it is when you buy from Amazon market place / unauthorized 3th party reseller where you won't get any warranty. There is nothing wrong with that. Even Shure or Ultimate Ears won't cover warranty from 3th party seller. Read that Amazon comment carefully then you will notice that guy bought his pair from a seller called 'DBRoth', which isn't Head-Direct.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Me and a friend both bought the RE0s at the same time, and both got the same problem after 4-5 months. Sent them back in, and got replacements, but mine's already dead again. Considering the price of shipping them back to China, I just decided to buy a different IEM this time. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Head-Direct is the Amazon seller for RE0, so they will honor the warranty - it is when you buy from Amazon market place / unauthorized 3th party reseller where you won't get any warranty. There is nothing wrong with that. Even Shure or Ultimate Ears won't cover warranty from 3th party seller. Read that Amazon comment carefully then you will notice that guy bought his pair from a seller called 'DBRoth', which isn't Head-Direct.

Thanks for clearing that up. I did buy directly from Amazon and not a third party seller. I'll contact Head-Direct.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 8
RE0 is not the best built IEM around no doubt, but it will last if care is taken, well at least mine does for almost 3 years now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back