Removing cable from HD650s
Dec 25, 2007 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

enjoiflobees

100+ Head-Fier
I am sure there are many threads about this topic but because the search engine sucks and I am already a little too flustered to search page after page, I must ask, how the hell do you take out the stock cable on HD650s. I just got a cardas cable for them and I am trying to take out the stock one to put the cardas in and I cant do it. I mean i feel like I am about to break the headphones I am pulling so hard. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick? Please help!!!

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 8
No pliers, no tools...just grab them by the plastic plugs and pull them out. Don't be afraid, just do it.
Make sure to notice the original orientation or look at the 2 holes and prongs as one is larger than the other.

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 8
maybe the plastic housing, that enables the cup to swivel on, is at a slight angle and blocking the connectors from coming out?

Dec 25, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #6 of 8
The first time out is the hardest. It's in so tight, it seems like you'll break something. Don't need pliers, just grab and pull straight out as hard as you can. Once they're out, it won't take as much effort to replug in any cable.

Dec 25, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Sennheiser replacements are always scarier than they should be, the first time. It's the same thing with the ear pads. You have to pull them so hard that you think you'll rip them, but they eventually just click off, never ripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back