Remax RM-S1 IEM
Jul 7, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #46 of 72
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #47 of 72
Has anyone with a Remax RM-S1 also tried the Sony MH1C? I enjoy the RM-S1, and looking back on old posts about the Sony, it sounds like a similar sound signature?? Thinking of trying to nab one...

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #48 of 72
Okay @Redcarmoose , do you still have these?

5 years on and lots of gear later I dug these out. I've been experimenting with EQing various headphones to the Harman target and decided to just run these sans EQ and just see how I felt about them years later....mind you, my hearing is rather adjusted to the Harman target, but no EQ these Remax sound *very close. I'm normally not huge on EQ, just been experimenting lately and I like what I hear. And trying these again after all these years I'm quite impressed. I guess other gear and excitement took over as time passed, but I've come full circle to these again...

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #49 of 72

5 years on and lots of gear later I dug these out. I've been experimenting with EQing various headphones to the Harman target and decided to just run these sans EQ and just see how I felt about them years later....mind you, my hearing is rather adjusted to the Harman target, but no EQ these Remax sound *very close. I'm normally not huge on EQ, just been experimenting lately and I like what I hear. And trying these again after all these years I'm quite impressed. I guess other gear and excitement took over as time passed, but I've come full circle to these again...
Ha, yes I still have them but I have to say I haven’t listened to them in years. When they came out they were some of my favorites. I remember them as really good and better than much of the competition, I tried!

Glad you still find something in them. I do need to pull out my pair!

Cheers!

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #50 of 72

I don't think these are still for sale. I still have mine, but fit was always the problem, not sound. However, another ~5 year old IEM, the Tenmark Pro dual driver absolutely still competes with the budget options and is still available. They even sell it as head only for $10, and you buy your preferred MMCX cable, and then I think it competes and beats with my Tripowin Mele. Similar but less recessed midrange, more treble extension, and more mid and treble detail.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #51 of 72
Ha, yes I still have them but I have to say I haven’t listened to them in years. When they came out they were some of my favorites. I remember them as really good and better than much of the competition, I tried!

Glad you still find something in them. I do need to pull out my pair!

Cheers!
It just came as such a surprise to just plug these into the headphone jack of my iPhone 6S and be greeted with such sound- usually I'm using DACs/dongles etc lol - this was just easy. They sound more balanced than I rememer- not bloated, rather great separation and tonally they were right up my alley. I tried them again this morning just to make sure I wasn't full of it haha. Do share your thoughts if you dig yours out again!

*Edit- that balanced ^^^ sound was eartip related. Swapped some Sony MH750 tips on and they sealed right up- big bass, but still overall sound quite natural

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #52 of 72
I don't think these are still for sale. I still have mine, but fit was always the problem, not sound. However, another ~5 year old IEM, the Tenmark Pro dual driver absolutely still competes with the budget options and is still available. They even sell it as head only for $10, and you buy your preferred MMCX cable, and then I think it competes and beats with my Tripowin Mele. Similar but less recessed midrange, more treble extension, and more mid and treble detail.
Fitment is a bit strange - once they're in though, I do appreciate how shallow/flush they are. I feel like I can easily turn my head against a pillow or cushion and they are quite comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation- I'll check it out!

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #53 of 72
They always fit me fine, but everyone is different. Nice to see they are still in use. I actually surprised they were able to be found. Meaning even when they were new they seemed a rare thing?

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #54 of 72
Jan 30, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #55 of 72
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #56 of 72
Oh I actually got my set like 5 years ago based on your review (@Redcarmoose ). I just recently dig them out of the drawer to see how I felt about them years later...and they are still very impressive to me.

That's crazy you can still find them for sale out there!

I would love to hear what you think of them still especially as you have so much high end gear now.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #57 of 72
Oh I actually got my set like 5 years ago based on your review (@Redcarmoose ). I just recently dig them out of the drawer to see how I felt about them years later...and they are still very impressive to me.

That's crazy you can still find them for sale out there!

I would love to hear what you think of them still especially as you have so much high end gear now.
I will find them and break them out for a demo. Don’t exactly know when?

Also it looks like only the “Pro” version is available as the original says “STOK HABIS” which means out of stock.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #58 of 72
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #59 of 72
Those looked like colors so....those are the “Pro” model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back