Remax RM-S1 IEM
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 72

Don't use other than the different sets of free Comply generics that have always come with stuff. But yes, they are the way to go!!

My set of RM-S1 didn't come with foam tips, only silicon...  If you have any other IEMs, I'd very much appreciate it if you would check if the ear canal port diameter and length is the same between the Remax ones and a more popular pair, because with this information I can use the database on the Comply website to figure out what series is probably compatible with the RM-S1. :)

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 72
  My set of RM-S1 didn't come with foam tips, only silicon...  If you have any other IEMs, I'd very much appreciate it if you would check if the ear canal port diameter and length is the same between the Remax ones and a more popular pair, because with this information I can use the database on the Comply website to figure out what series is probably compatible with the RM-S1. :)

You don't have the RM-S1 you have the RM-S1 Pro. Different IEM.

S1 Pro does not come with foam.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #19 of 72
  have you compared the new version to the old ones? Is the sound still recommended? They are $8 or so at gearbest...

I believe this is the review you're looking for:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/remax-rm-s1-pro-sports-in-ear-wired-earphone-portable-music-corded-headset-hd-microphone-red-color/reviews/17374

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #20 of 72
The S1 Pro is a cheaper production run. They do have the same overall sound though the original S1 may be just ever so slightly different. As stated in the comparison, I like the original better as I just think the cable is nicer and the aluminum name plate gives it a more expensive look. You also get a better selection of tips and a nicer package. Some vertions of the original also came with a case for the headphones.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #21 of 72

I would have no way of measuring the nozzle.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #23 of 72
i just ordered a blue s1 pro from gearbest. i hope it sounds good to me as well when i receive it!

Another great favorite of mine is the QKZ -W1 Pro. Just picked up red and blue pair to mix transducers. They sell for 8$.

The only thing is the you need fit to get bass, where the Remax just fits easy for bass.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #24 of 72
I'm on a hunt for nice basshead IEMs in reasonable price. I want to upgrade my JVC HA-FX1X. After reading reviews I thought that Remax S1 is the one. According to Head-fi it's one of the bassiest chinese IEMs. I have them now and they are huge disappointment. Sound quality is OK but the bass is not amazing. Buy them only if bass is not important to you.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #25 of 72
I'm on a hunt for nice basshead IEMs in reasonable price. I want to upgrade my JVC HA-FX1X. After reading reviews I thought that Remax S1 is the one. According to Head-fi it's one of the bassiest chinese IEMs. I have them now and they are huge disappointment. Sound quality is OK but the bass is not amazing. Buy them only if bass is not important to you.

Sorry to hear that, did you get the lesser expensive S1 Pro or the original S1. After listening to a bunch of heavy bass material on bass heavy headphones I seem to think the bass on the newer S1 Pro may not be as profound as the bass on the original S1. The specs from the company also show a different sound character response. I seem to have trouble judging IEMs as to me they sound different much of the time. Every time I listen they sound different depending on the headphone I was using prior. Thus graphs may be the only way to get a good idea. Much of this issue is also going on with most members of the KZ thread, with every member describing the various headphones as sounding different.

From my studies the original S1 has bass orientation with foam tips. They did get the overall character with the new S1Pro, but I think the bass is just ever so slightly less?

You could make this thread better for visitors too, by making a list of IEMs which out perform the Remax in the bass dept.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #26 of 72

the nozzles are 5 mm in diameter, my chinese foam tips seem to fit quite well.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #27 of 72
What tips are you using with these? And how deep fit? i can't really get a good seal for my left ear so far...
i've tried the included ones, chinese complys, KZ starline tips, spinfits...
I'm not sure, maybe i got a faulty one. i'll need to test some more.

without a good fit for my left ear the sound is obviously unbalanced and lacks bass in my left ear.

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #28 of 72
I can confirm that i got a faulty pair :frowning2:
After some more tip-rolling and constantly getting a great seal with the right earphone, even when trying it in my left ear, but never with the left earphone.

I tried blowing a little bit in the nozzles, and the right earphone is almost sealed, lots of resistance there.
The left earphone OTOH is fully open all the way through! No resistance at all for the air while blowing through the nozzle.

I put some tape on the left, and the sound improved a bit, but it's still unbalanced.

So we'll see how gearbest handles this complaint then...

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #29 of 72
I can confirm that i got a faulty pair :frowning2:
After some more tip-rolling and constantly getting a great seal with the right earphone, even when trying it in my left ear, but never with the left earphone.

I tried blowing a little bit in the nozzles, and the right earphone is almost sealed, lots of resistance there.
The left earphone OTOH is fully open all the way through! No resistance at all for the air while blowing through the nozzle.

I put some tape on the left, and the sound improved a bit, but it's still unbalanced.

So we'll see how gearbest handles this complaint then...

You will just have to try to exchange them. Obviously an unbalanced sound shows that there is a defect as long as the headphones are not showing you a slight defect in your hearing. It's always possible for some headphones to create a good example of a person's hearing quality, but if you switch ears and it's always the same in one ear it's slight hearing damage and not the headphone.

I have since purchased a couple more pairs of headphones and maybe don't think the S1 Pros to be as big of bass monsters as I originally thought. Still the bass is completely over emphasized and super detailed so in many ways my reviews stand accurate. All of our hearing is all in reference to other headphones and there are always more bass providing headphones out there. Also as mentioned earlier, I suspect that the original S1 provides slightly more bass than the reduced price S1 Pro model.

Other members have purchased them and enjoy them, though like many they have become a stepping stone to other purchases. They ended being my most listened to and favorite IEM of 2016. Though I also fell in love with the QKZ W1 Pro Sports IEM.

You should get great results from a number of tips. It's not like the S1Pros are some strange IEM to get fit with. They work really well for me with about five different sets of tips with two different set of foam tips working the best. Still with that said, each person's ear is different and each IEM has a different shape, so combining is a special experience for all. Some of the smaller IEMs seem to fit more people. Still it's a lot to do with nozzle size, both width and length, which each ear having a different relationship IEM to IEM.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #30 of 72
I have submitted a ticket with gearbest, and already got an answer where they asked if I'd like to have it resent or refunded. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

I pulled out my glue gun and completely sealed the left earphone. Now i can get a seal, but I'll have to listen a bit more to see if both sides have the same sound now.
Maybe I'll have to do a tiny airport to get similar sound.
I'm a bit interested in the remax 610d as well, so i might take the refund and order that one instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back