Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 14, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #316 of 871
According to several users in Reddit, Apple Music in Android beta version 3.6 latest update just appeared with hi res and Dolby Atmos.
I am really hoping to get a working version for my Astell & Kern SR25.
Otherwise I am really happy with the hires and lossless of Apple Music. My Apple Tv is streaming lossless to my living room stereo. Very convenient and excellent sound. When I walk the dog, I use my Iphone with Bluetooth iems and really don’t hear any difference at all In that case with the lossy version.
Do you have a link? I have 3.6.0beta on my Android and no lossless to be found yet

Jun 14, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #317 of 871
Do you have a link? I have 3.6.0beta on my Android and no lossless to be found yet
It seems it is starting in the US https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleMusic/comments/nzs4ya/dolby_atmos_on_android_available_now/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleMusic/comments/nzuwqb/latest_apple_music_beta_on_android_now_supports/
Also seems to include features:
  • Lossless
  • Dolby Atmos
  • Additional settings of "Auto, Manual, Off" for Crossfade
  • Now playback cache can be set upto 5GB. Earlier limit was 1GB

Jun 14, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #318 of 871
It seems it is starting in the US https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleMusic/comments/nzs4ya/dolby_atmos_on_android_available_now/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleMusic/comments/nzuwqb/latest_apple_music_beta_on_android_now_supports/
Also seems to include features:
  • Lossless
  • Dolby Atmos
  • Additional settings of "Auto, Manual, Off" for Crossfade
  • Now playback cache can be set upto 5GB. Earlier limit was 1GB
Thanks man! Beta is full now sadly, I just have the old apk. Now looking for someone to share the new apk

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #320 of 871
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for beta to go to full release? Really intrigued to see how it looks (sounds :) ) on Hiby.
I uploaded it to apkmirror.com, install it with the SAI app while having the play store app deactivated for the installation. Got the new beta from someone and wanted to share :)

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #321 of 871
I'm enjoying lossless on Android now and the quality is bananas....Qobuz and Tidal can shut down lol. Sounds like already upscaled with HQPlayer, better than my DSD recordings

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #322 of 871
Personally, I like Deezer HiFi the most. The sound quality will probably not be like the competition, but the community on the web, the application is all supr.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #323 of 871
Did android resample the files to 16bit/48khz?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #324 of 871
Does anyone know what format Dolby Atmos is streaming? As it appears that high-resolution and Atmos are mutually exclusive (one or the other), I suspect the Atmos tracks might still be 256 AAC rather than ALAC. I haven't seen a clear answer anywhere yet.

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #325 of 871
Does anyone know what format Dolby Atmos is streaming? As it appears that high-resolution and Atmos are mutually exclusive (one or the other), I suspect the Atmos tracks might still be 256 AAC rather than ALAC. I haven't seen a clear answer anywhere yet.
I am also assuming this. My chord mojo shows the red marble for 44.1 when playing Atmos but the correct colour for the hi Res files.

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #326 of 871
I am also assuming this. My chord mojo shows the red marble for 44.1 when playing Atmos but the correct colour for the hi Res files.
My Dragonfly Black gets crazy with Atmos. The dac displays the correct colors with hi res but with Atmos it just gets stuck with the same color of the previously played file. No answer here

Jun 15, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #328 of 871
My Dragonfly Black gets crazy with Atmos. The dac displays the correct colors with hi res but with Atmos it just gets stuck with the same color of the previously played file. No answer here

Same here with my external DACs (stays stuck on previous rate). If I start fresh though, they always say 44.1 kHz for Atmos.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #330 of 871
Downloaded the beta and using it on my Ibasso DX300…..I don’t see any options in the settings within the app to change audio quality, am I missing something? Or does it play spatial audio automatically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back