Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #287 of 871
If you upload it redbook alac. It will show up as lossless when you play a track click the lossless icon.
Even some very old alac I uploaded few years ago showed up as lossless and I know for sure these albums are not on AM.
I haven’t tried uploading a 96kHz album yet.
Hmmm. Album that i have upload as redbook alac did not show lossless icon. Even some of the online songs that i down it not show lossless icon. Tried redownload and still the same

Jun 12, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #291 of 871
Can you get Apple Hi-Res on the Ibasso DX300?
Should be able to soon. Not a limitation of the player. Apple just hasn’t released lossless in the android app yet.

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #292 of 871
I just dropped Tidal in favor of the amazon music HD trial. If Apple ever decides they want my business, they'll bring full feature parity to their android app, and open up their API so that more devices (like the Bluesound Node 2i) can be an Apple Music endpoint. Otherwise, it'll be pretty clear they mean to position Apple Music for the faithful and not much else.

Jun 13, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #293 of 871
Dolby Atmos.

‘Been playing with it this morning. Cycling the same tracks with it on/off/automatic etc.
Not using Apple headphones.

I’m pretty sure I won’t be using it.
Seems a weird priority choice but, enabling it lowers the clarity and detail of a high res master. Try ‘abbey road’ and see.

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #294 of 871
Dolby Atmos.

‘Been playing with it this morning. Cycling the same tracks with it on/off/automatic etc.
Not using Apple headphones.

I’m pretty sure I won’t be using it.
Seems a weird priority choice but, enabling it lowers the clarity and detail of a high res master. Try ‘abbey road’ and see.
I’m also not convinced and think many (or even most) of the DAtmos songs sound worse than stereo. Still, I do discovery sessions from time to time and created a playlist for good spatial audio songs.

I will use this feature from time to time but I agree, it seems to limit dynamics, detail and clarity. But it sounds good/interesting on a few songs.

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #295 of 871
I have lossless now and the songs are strongly edited. A lot of bassy songs have distorting bass like crazy. Highs are boosted and spatial info is also edited. I don't know how to measure this but the effects are massive for my library. Try "The Imperial Suite" from Star Wars Rogue, the bass is pure distortion

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #296 of 871
I’m also not convinced and think many (or even most) of the DAtmos songs sound worse than stereo. Still, I do discovery sessions from time to time and created a playlist for good spatial audio songs.

I will use this feature from time to time but I agree, it seems to limit dynamics, detail and clarity. But it sounds good/interesting on a few songs.
It’s a very clever way to get ‘more’ out of existing Air ***s - it really does work to some degree. But I’ll stick with lossless/high res stereo and a piece of copper I think.

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #297 of 871
I'm listening to the Iphone12mini - FiiO Q3 - FiiO FH3 setup. And I'm thinking of going to AM from Tidal's service. Although I like Tidal, I don't even know why. But the price, linking system all plays for AM when they have Hi Res. I just tried Dolby Atmos, but I prefer the classic stereo. I apologize for my English, I write from the Czech Republic.

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #298 of 871
I still don’t believe Apple Music on the iPhone is lossless over AirPlay. Amazon Music clearly sounds better with more reverb, space, and air to the music. But couldn’t hear any difference between lossless and high quality setting on the iPhone for Apple Music. I’m listening with Focal Uptopia’s with Danacable Reference Lazuli cable and Naim Uniti Atom HE. I used to have Chord Dave/mscaler setup, so I know how the units compare to each other.

I’m using track “Cold Days from the Birdhouse” from Twilight Sad. Listen to the the guitar in the beginning and listen for the space around it. It’s clearly better with Amazon track. More sparkle and reverb. And next track with the drums is even easier to hear difference.
I've been listening a lot more tracks & A/B switching over AirPlay. I admit it: you're right and my first impression was wrong. When you switch via a wired connection on the Mojo w/ nice open backs, the sound gets wider and more dynamic. Over AirPlay the settings are the same. Makes sense given that Sonos' and Chord's marketing arms have been conspicuously silent about AM Lossless. Hopefully the HomePod update will improve things for all AirPlay devices but I suspect it won't.

Jun 14, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #299 of 871
Guys, Apple Music is not true to source! I wonder when the first big Youtuber realizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back