Regarding Amazon's AKG K701 Sale..
Apr 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #76 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not snobbery to want the best possible performance however you care to choose to define it. But it absolutely is snobbery to think that people who do not agree with your own notion of what is meaningful and important reflects poorly on them, and that anyone or anything that does not square with your value system is inherently inferior.

--Jerome

Please stop talking about intoart like that.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #77 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say I were to buy used so the prices are pretty close (k701, dt880, hd600, hd650, ms2i, sr325,d2000/d5000, etc.) the k701 would be last every time.

Agreed. In fact, with the unique exception of Bose, there are no headphones over about $125 or so that I would not choose over the K701s.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #78 of 140
Yes, I think we all get it that you and others don't like the K701s. So what? Hopefully, you don't have a problem with people exercising their right to choose and deciding to buy the K701s. Or do you?

You know, what other people think of a headphone is not necessarily an accurate predictor of what any other person will think of it. For example, the Denon AH-D7000 is pretty highly regarded on this forum and has recevied a lot of great reviews, but I did not care for them. That doesn't mean I should invade every Denon thread and tell people what a colossal mistake they are making in buying them.

--Jerome

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #79 of 140
Quote:

Yes, I think we all get it that you and others don't like the K701s. So what? Hopefully, you don't have a problem with people exercising their right to choose and deciding to buy the K701s. Or do you?

You know, what other people think of a headphone is not necessarily an accurate predictor of what any other person will think of it. For example, the Denon AH-D7000 is pretty highly regarded on this forum and has recevied a lot of great reviews, but I did not care for them. That doesn't mean I should invade every Denon thread and tell people what a colossal mistake they are making in buying them.

--Jerome

If you take it personal you are gonna have to address a lot of posts
smily_headphones1.gif
. Relax the point isn't to say the k701 sucks period(or atleast that isn't the point for those of us that are reasonable), the point is that people should ignore the flagship status to price ratio (it is the cheapest "flagship" by far most of the time) and really research/hear them to see if they like the sound. I can relate to the d7000 type of situation (rs1 never quite did it for me, yet it gets stellar review after review) but we have every right to post our opinion, other head-fiers can decide if the posts are useful or not.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #80 of 140
Please. Perhaps you should go back and read the original post from the OP. It wouldn't take more than a few seconds to do that. Note that he wasn't soliciting opinon on the K701s and never suggested he was undecided and interested in alternatives. He was asking about the price on Amazon and gave every indication he wanted to buy them. And it only took two responses to turn this thread into a K701 bash fest by people who are so full of themselves they think they're actually rescuing someone from making a mistake.

--Jerome

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #81 of 140
Quote:

Please. Perhaps you should go back and read the original post from the OP. It wouldn't take more than a few seconds to do that. Note that he wasn't soliciting opinon on the K701s and never suggested he was undecided and interested in alternatives. He was asking about the price on Amazon and gave every indication he wanted to buy them. And it only took two responses to turn this thread into a K701 bash fest by people who think they are saving someone from making a mistake.

--Jerome

Exactly. The first being from one of our community's most current prolific trolls.

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #82 of 140
Quote:

Please. Perhaps you should go back and read the original post from the OP. It wouldn't take more than a few seconds to do that. Note that he wasn't soliciting opinon on the K701s and never suggested he was undecided and interested in alternatives. He was asking about the price on Amazon and gave every indication he wanted to buy them. And it only took two responses to turn this thread into a K701 bash fest by people who are so full of themselves they think they're actually rescuing someone from making a mistake.

--Jerome

It did indeed get sidetracked, but the OP stopped posting later on. All your defensive posts don't exactly help either.

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #83 of 140
Sidetracked is a euphemism for thread crapping. And this topic was run off into the weeds long before I showed up.

I'm done. You are welcome to have the last word if you must.

--Jerome

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #84 of 140
Quote:

Sidetracked is a euphemism for thread crapping. And this topic was run off into the weeds long before I showed up.

I'm done. You are welcome to have the last word if you must.

--Jerome

Once again Jerome says "Im Done" Happens a lot huh?

Too Funny!
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #85 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once again Jerome says "Im Done" Happens a lot huh?

Too Funny!
biggrin.gif

Brando isn't the only one rolling in his grave.

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #87 of 140
Quote:

If you take it personal you are gonna have to address a lot of posts
smily_headphones1.gif
. Relax the point isn't to say the k701 sucks period(or atleast that isn't the point for those of us that are reasonable), the point is that people should ignore the flagship status to price ratio (it is the cheapest "flagship" by far most of the time) and really research/hear them to see if they like the sound. I can relate to the d7000 type of situation (rs1 never quite did it for me, yet it gets stellar review after review) but we have every right to post our opinion, other head-fiers can decide if the posts are useful or not.

The problem is two-fold. First, the blatant thread krapping, as noted above by jsaliga. Second, the suggestions that anyone who doesn't think the K701's absoutely suck has bad hearing or doesn't know what music is supposed to sound like.

Neither the thread krapping nor the posting of absurd and judgmental points of view are productive, and it's appropriate for people to point it out and to try to deter it, IMO.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Did I get the last word in?

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #88 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is two-fold. First, the blatant thread krapping, as noted above by jsaliga. Second, the suggestions that anyone who doesn't think the K701's absoutely suck has bad hearing or doesn't know what music is supposed to sound like.

Neither the thread krapping nor the posting of absurd and judgmental points of view are productive, and it's appropriate for people to point it out and to try to deter it, IMO.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Did I get the last word in?

Yea but him going on rants also counts as thread crapping too then. There last word
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #89 of 140
Quote:

Yea but him going on rants also counts as thread crapping too then.

No. A rant on thread krapping shall not be deemed to constitute thread krapping, as the first thread krapper waives all rights to object to thread krapping that is responsive to the first thread krap, provided that the first alleged thread krap is, in fact, an actual thread krap, which shall be determined by the distinguished body known as the "High Council of Thread Krapping Enforcement."
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #90 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. A rant on thread krapping shall not be deemed to constitute thread krapping, as the first thread krapper waives all rights to object to thread krapping that is responsive to the first thread krap, provided that the first alleged thread krap is, in fact, an actual thread krap, which shall be determined by the distinguished body known as the "High Council of Thread Krapping Enforcement."
wink.gif

ok you just admitted it was more thread crapping therefore proving my point. I don't really object to ranting, just don't play it off like you care that the thread is OT after. I'm assuming your committee only consists of 1 person, you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back