Rega Saturn
Jun 24, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #407 of 415
The Saturn does have tremendous resolution of fine detail, I thought it was slightly superior to Meridian G08 in this respect which is quite a compliment.
I have heard some describe the G08 as smooth and warm sounding but I didn't really find that myself, pretty much neutral in sound for me.....warm of neutral would be the stock NAD C542 I have in house now and perhaps the BC Dac 2.

Speaking of the Bel Canto Dac 2 it has been with me for many years and then modded by RAM to make it even more resolving. It has an excellent dac slow roll-off filter design that produces a very natural organic texture to music that even G08 and Saturn cannot fully match, it just sounds richer and more relaxed like real music. The Saturn is probably equal in detail resolution but not quite as sweet sounding overall...........

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #408 of 415
Just want to add my .02 cents... I recently put 170 hours on my Saturn and noticed it has opened up TREMENDOUSLY. Initially it sounded very close to the Apollo, making me (against my better judgement) second guess my purchase, but at this point I can honestly say it's a very special machine, at it's price point!
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #409 of 415
I've had my Saturn for a year now and a half and it never ceases to amaze me.What a remarkable source connected to my tube amp and 701's.Give it another 200 hours to fully bloom.Enjoy!

Apr 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #410 of 415
Hi All,

I have one quick question. Does your Saturn come with a power cord? My Saturn only comes with remote and really cheap RCA cable. However, I was told by a buyer that the Saturn comes with power IEC cord.

Please clarify for me. I bought my Saturn Apr. 2007.

Thanks.

Apr 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #411 of 415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

I have one quick question. Does your Saturn come with a power cord? My Saturn only comes with remote and really cheap RCA cable. However, I was told by a buyer that the Saturn comes with power IEC cord.

Please clarify for me. I bought my Saturn Apr. 2007.

Thanks.

the cables are toss-aways..they are worse than the cable that came with most home electronics you buy at BB
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #414 of 415
Thanks Morph201.

I just sold my Saturn and the buyer was expecting the included power cord but I don't have it. He believes the stock power cord is really good because the review he read.

It was my mistake so I offered him full refund or $40 for the cable. :frowning2:

Can someone post a picture of the power cord? I like to see how thick it is. :)

I think my dealer remove it from the box and included the power cord I ordered.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #415 of 415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Morph201.

I just sold my Saturn and the buyer was expecting the included power cord but I don't have it. He believes the stock power cord is really good because the review he read.

It was my mistake so I offered him full refund or $40 for the cable. :frowning2:

Can someone post a picture of the power cord? I like to see how thick it is. :)

I think my dealer remove it from the box and included the power cord I ordered.

the PC for the apollo and the saturn is the same, i believe it's a 16-3 unshielded, IEC to 3 prong molded connector - you could just buy one of the Naim powercords off ebay for $20-$30 and include that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back