Refurbished?
Aug 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hatebreed

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about getting some sennheiser px100 headphones. Basically i see lot's of these on amazon that say that they have been refurbised. I just wanted to know what you think the main differences between a new set and a refurbished are. Do you think it's worth saving the extra money? Thanks alot.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Refurbs are not that different, they may be a little scratched up, but other than that they are acoustically perfect. New pads n other exchangable components are usually swapped, so they are usually quite clean. If the price is marginal, then go for it.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 6
In general, refurbished items are those that are sent back to the factory for one reason or another...customer returns, defective, etc. The company then inspects them and if needed, makes any necessary repairs. They then repackage them and sell them for a lower cost.

Whether or not its worth the savings depends on how much you. For example, if they are 50 bucks new and 40 bucks refurbished, I would rather spend the 10 bucks for new for complete piece of mind. That's just me.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 6
refurbished means a 2nd hand pair that they cleaned up and passed them trough quality control again,

refurbished means manufacturer verified 2nd hand,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back