Refurbished Headphones?
Jul 12, 2010 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

budgetboy

100+ Head-Fier
What's the deal with refurbished headphones? Are they a great deal or do they break faster? The ones I'm looking at buying come with a 1 year warranty, should I go for it?

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 9
There's always that risk that you're buying an item that was defective, which the previous owner returned, and the manufacturer then repaired and is reselling. It could also just be something that the previous owner returned simply because they didn't like it. This is the caveat that comes with the generally cheaper price.

Personally, I'd prefer to - save up if I have to and - just buy a new item. I don't want the risk of a defective product and when it comes to items that people wear (such as headphones), I have issues about using things that someone might have used.

Are you sure you can't get it for just as cheap or almost the same on Amazon?

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 9
Or even better, buy it used from someone here that has moved on to something else.

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 9
It depends on how lucky you are. Sometimes you can get great refurbished headphones for incredible prices, and they last for a while. 

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
It depends on how lucky you are. Sometimes you can get great refurbished headphones for incredible prices, and they last for a while. 

The same analogy applies to purchasing brand new headphones.  Sometimes its the luck of the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back