Refurbed H320s available for $99... should I get one?
May 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey, just wanted to let you know that you can get a refurbed H320 for $99 WeeklyCloseOuts.com. I'm not sure if it's THAT great of a deal, since you can probably get a good sounding flash 16GB player for not much more.

However, I do really like the sound signature of my iMP-450, and I love RockBox... so I'm debating the merits of this. Do you guys think a Cowon O2 or the H320 will sound better? I had an X5 and H120 back to back a couple years before and felt that the X5 sounded much richer, but that was with very forgiving KSC-35's. I have Shure E500's now so maybe my impressions will be different.

May 1, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 37
It is a pretty good deal especially with the 1 year warranty. Checking up on eBay, a used one goes for anywhere between $50-150 obviously without a warranty of any kind. I personally found that in my case a configured rockboxed iPod 5.5G can sound better. The bass on the iRiver can probably be marginally higher quality and punchier but clarity and detail is reasonably better on the iPod and I believe soundstage is ever so marginally higher on it also. Given that the iPod is thinner and also has a better screen, as well as the potential to be upgraded to a much higher capacity hard drive, I would personally pick up a refurbished 5.5G instead.

May 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 37
Now a refurbed 120 or 140 at that price with 1 year warranty that would be something

May 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 37
except it wouldnt be even close without the option for optical; while I do like the analogue 'line-out' of the h120, IMO it doesnt even come close to the quality if outputting digital to D10 or similar and I wouldnt be interested in making all the concessions I have to make in order to have it without it.. yes I put line-out in inverted commas on purpose; I dont believe its actually a lineout, as its post amp. still sounds great, but could be better. whether the signal is attenuated in an analogue or digital stage isnt important, either way will effect the quality of the output and means that it isnt a true line level output.

May 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #11 of 37
i wish those are h120

May 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish they shipped overseas.

So typical...many great deals don't ship internationally
angry_face.gif

May 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Its like American websites always like to tease the world with good prices.

At least with Pioneer plasma UK sets, ours are better. The American versions have forced noise reduction which you can't disable :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back