Recommended .avi to .mp4 converter
Dec 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

dikiz

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for an avi converter (to play movies on my Sony X
wink.gif
), and I was wondering if they are some sort of consensus regarding one (like it can be the case for dbpoweramp & EAC as CDrippers).

Doesn't matter if it's freeware, shareware or whatever, I just want the one with best performance!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thank you all
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 21
You can give a try to Media Coder. It's an free multimedia converter, supports a lot of audio/video formats and codecs, and most important, it has very good performance, especially on multiple core PCs and has also a 64-bit version. It has a lot of options, so you may have to accommodate at first with it, but from my personal opinion it's one of the best out there.
I say it's definitely worth a try
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 21
I've tried MediaCoder and Handbrake; MediaCoder has many more options available, but Handbrake is easier to use.

On the other hand, MediaCoder does have a preset for most portable devices -- you may be able to use that to your advantage, if they have a preset available for your device.

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #11 of 21
I like Videora. It's decent, good interface and such, and has a lot of options to choose from, though I'm sure the dedicated converters like HandBrake would give better times and file sizes.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #12 of 21
HandBrake all the way for me. I have used so many that after I found HB that was it. I convert all my movies, concerts, videos etc. to MKV and after using 9.3 for a while, I was hesitant to upgrade to 9.4 (if it's not broken, don't try to fix it). 9.3 was fast (compared to the usual MKV conversion), so I said I'll give it a shot....9.4 is even faster and the and I have never had a bad conversion (no delays, sync probs etc....) with either of them.
9.4 has done away with some features (presets) but stepped the program up and it runs great. Only two outputs with 9.4- MP4 & MKV...Should fit your needs quite well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back