Recommendations: Powerfull bass IEM for RnB?
Apr 2, 2021 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

10DeeQ

100+ Head-Fier
Need recommendations
Im looking for an IEM
Currently i own

-Fiio FH3
Like the bass on these
The mid is OK
But the high is too harsh for me

-Apple airpod Max
Yes i know this is overpriced, but overall i like the fit, and the bass is good too
The high are well controlled, not as harsh as the fiio
But i found the mid a little bit lacking

I tried my friend’s shure 846
I like the bass
The high are just OK
Still the mid is not quite engaging IMHO

Currently i have hiby r6 2020 as a player
So im looking for a decent IEM to pair with it
My genre are mostly top 40, jazz and RnB

My sound preference would be tight and powerfull bass but not overwhelming
Warm and thick mids
Smooth highs , i like clear highs but i dont like sharps.

And most importantly must be very comfortable to wear as im quite fussy about comfort

Budget around us$1000

Can anyone suggest an IEM ? Or at least guide me to the right direction? Thank you

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 11
The Custom Art FIBAE 4. Universals will be under budget, I don't know what the premium is on customs of-hand. If you're willing to buy used you can probably find them for a good bit less. These will floor you. (And yes, I know - bass from an all-BA IEM? Crazy!)

If you don't want to spend that much, Tanchjim Oxygen. A little smoother, less detailed on the high end, but a great listen with plenty of bass and solid mids. Punch well above their price point

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 11
As a bass head I'd stick to DD or Hybrid configurations. BA just doesn't move enough air (except maybe the very high end, have not heard those >$2000 BAs)

Sony XBA-N3 should also your expectations, although at a lower price point.
Powerful, clean bass and smooth, resolving mid/treble range.

If your use case allows parametric EQ the Sony EX1000 is phenomenal, if you can find it. Bottomless bass with greeeat rumble! The PEQ allows boosting it to insane bass levels (with its 16mm driver!) and makes fills out the midrange nicels to deliver a smooth overall experience with goosebump bass. All for around $300 used.

At a higher price point the Sony IER-Z1R is one of the very best, if not the best basshead IEMs, if you are lucky enough to get a good fit.

Around $1000 Campfire Atlas or Vega are known to be bassy and liked by many, but I didn't hear them personally.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 11
The Custom Art FIBAE 4. Universals will be under budget, I don't know what the premium is on customs of-hand. If you're willing to buy used you can probably find them for a good bit less. These will floor you. (And yes, I know - bass from an all-BA IEM? Crazy!)

If you don't want to spend that much, Tanchjim Oxygen. A little smoother, less detailed on the high end, but a great listen with plenty of bass and solid mids. Punch well above their price point
Ill try to audition for custom art thanks

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 11
As a bass head I'd stick to DD or Hybrid configurations. BA just doesn't move enough air (except maybe the very high end, have not heard those >$2000 BAs)

Sony XBA-N3 should also your expectations, although at a lower price point.
Powerful, clean bass and smooth, resolving mid/treble range.

If your use case allows parametric EQ the Sony EX1000 is phenomenal, if you can find it. Bottomless bass with greeeat rumble! The PEQ allows boosting it to insane bass levels (with its 16mm driver!) and makes fills out the midrange nicels to deliver a smooth overall experience with goosebump bass. All for around $300 used.

At a higher price point the Sony IER-Z1R is one of the very best, if not the best basshead IEMs, if you are lucky enough to get a good fit.

Around $1000 Campfire Atlas or Vega are known to be bassy and liked by many, but I didn't hear them personally.
Thinking about the z1r too
But since my criteria is comfortable fit
I dont think the fit of z1r is for me
I couldn’t find a store that have the to try on 😢 but i bet I’ll really like the sound from it

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 11
Apr 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #8 of 11
I heard so much about campfire
Out of their line up
Which one is the bassiest and the funnest sounding ?
Vega or Dorado.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #9 of 11
I heard so much about campfire
Out of their line up
Which one is the bassiest and the funnest sounding ?

If you want big bass at the expense of everything else, Vega. If you want dominant, excellent bass in a signature that still gives the midrange its due then the Dorado. The Dorado is currently my favourite Campfire IEM.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 11
Sony ier z1r

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #11 of 11
I'd give the Campfire Vega/Atlas a trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back