Recommendations: HD650 sound with more stage & more bass
May 1, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #46 of 51
Does the Dekoni pads have any audible difference comparing to the stock pads? My stock pad for hd6xx worn out, looking for another one. Also based on the image, looks like you are using silver cable, how do you like it? Is it improving treble?
I haven’t set down and listened to them both to see if i find differences between the two but if I have time this weekend I just might but I don’t think there is a lot of change to them other than much more comfortable for me . Dekoni makes good quality pads. I think the silver plated cable adds just a bit of brightness which I don’t think is a bad thing for them.

May 1, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #47 of 51
Does the Dekoni pads have any audible difference comparing to the stock pads? My stock pad for hd6xx worn out, looking for another one. Also based on the image, looks like you are using silver cable, how do you like it? Is it improving treble?
With the Sennheiser 6 series, it's best to go with stock pads. The stock pads is part of what causes the way it sounds, and other non-velour type pads will take away from that sound.

May 1, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #48 of 51
Just checked the website but it doesn't have a usb DAC. Is there any recommendation with an included (usb-) DAC?
No, it's only an amp, no DAC. By USB DAC, do you mean a desktop DAC that has USB input? Or a small thumb-drive-size DAC to plug into the USB port of a phone and/or computer? There are also amp/dac combo units. Any thoughts on which of these three options seems like what you're after?

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #49 of 51
No, it's only an amp, no DAC. By USB DAC, do you mean a desktop DAC that has USB input? Or a small thumb-drive-size DAC to plug into the USB port of a phone and/or computer? There are also amp/dac combo units. Any thoughts on which of these three options seems like what you're after?

I mean desktop combo (d/a with amp) for a reasonable price. Maybe below 100 or 150$ and best would be with a good DAC like ESS or AK (otherwise I guess it could be a downgrade apart from amplification). No other features needed I guess.

May 5, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #50 of 51
So I guess my price range is too low?

Btw, I tried the Harman profiles from Toneboosters in UAPP now with the X2 and I think at least concerning the frequency response it sounds pretty much right now. Really enjoyable!

May 17, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #51 of 51
The ifi zen dac is an excellent dac amp. DAC is clean and supports any format you could possibly throw at it including Tidal MQA if you use it. It has a clean headphone amplifier. The balanced output is excellent but I have found the single ended output to be slightly low on power in comparison. In saying that I'm comparing it to my 8wpc Burson Conductor V2.

An excellent and cheap amp and DAC. Nothing better at the price!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back